Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sun Belt Football: Games for Week of October 27, 2012

No byes are in effect for Week Nine, and that means all 10 teams will be on the gridiron.

The Red Wolves get things started on the road against the  Ragin' Cajuns in another early period contest on Tuesday night at 8:00 PM  via ESPN2.

For Saturday, we have a four pack in store.

The Mean Green look to continue momentum against the Blue Raiders in the mid afternoon slot shortly before the Owls play host in their only October home affair at FAU Stadium to a suddenly potent Trojan offense.

Later on, the Jaguars go head-to-head with the unbeaten Warhawks, and the Panthers are hopeful to shed a winless conference mark at the expense of the Hilltoppers.

Here's the full line-up:

October 23

Arkansas State 50  Louisiana-Lafayette 27

October 27

North Texas 21  Middle Tennessee 38

Troy 27  Florida Atlantic 34

Western Kentucky 14  FIU 6

South Alabama 24  Louisiana-Monroe 38

Enjoy the games!
Back to the top

Re: Sun Belt Football: Games for Week of October 27, 2012

Friendly reminder for those needing a little turf wars to munch on tonight…

Arkansas State at Louisiana-Lafayette (ESPN2) - 8:00 PM
Back to the top

HALFTIME:

ASU 26  ULL 7

QB Ryan Aplin has 244 yards in the air for the Red Wolves.
Back to the top

WE can beat four of the five teams remaining on our schedule (not WKU) and three of those are at home! Go Owls, keep improving and battling!
Back to the top

Watching this game, you realize this isn't the SunBelt that FAU won in 2007.  This is a MUCH tougher conference.

We have some work to do to be competitive, thats the bad news.  The good news is the Belt is coming along as I expected.  Its only going to get tougher.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

WE can beat four of the five teams remaining on our schedule (not WKU) and three of those are at home! Go Owls, keep improving and battling!

Lets just be happy we dont play Arky State…

Back to the top

Sun Belt Football: Games for Week of October 27, 2012

walty12 said

Watching this game, you realize this isn't the SunBelt that FAU won in 2007.  This is a MUCH tougher conference.

Funny you should mention that…have a number of FAU's games from 2007 on the DVD library (which I like to visit during times like these), and was just recently thinking the same thing…the talent level has jumped incredibly.

We were in the right place at the right time…but we also had a solid QB who could sling it deep when needed.

No one else had that threat at the time.
Back to the top

Rick said

walty12 said

Funny you should mention that…have a number of FAU's games from 2007 on the DVD library (which I like to visit during times like these), and was just recently thinking the same thing…the talent level has jumped incredibly.

We were in the right place at the right time…but we also had a solid QB who could sling it deep when needed.

No one else had that threat at the time.

Yep, in 2007 I would say FAU and Troy were the only Belt teams in the top 100 in the country.  Now I would say everybody is top 100 aside from 3 teams (FIU, FAU and USA).

And hahahahaha on watching the 2007 game films by the way.  I must say you are as sick as TeemBeer and I.  Next time you decide to go down memory lane I'll bring over a 6er and cry with you.  After that we can talk about how popular I was in highschool and the steady decline ever since.

Back to the top

walty12 said

After that we can talk about how popular I was in highschool and the steady decline ever since.

Only if you bring over pictures of your former girlfriends to compare…….

;D
Back to the top

FINAL:

ASU 50  ULL 27

The Red Wolves produce a well balanced attack that amasses 526 yards after shifting efforts to the ground in the second half.

Ragin Cajun's QB Terrance Broadway throws for 374 yards and 3 TD's in the loss, but his squad turned it over five times including three interceptions.

Back to the top
Control functions: