Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK NINE FAU vs. TROY

College football has officially reached the second half of the season as October winds to an end. The season has been less that fruitful in the eyes of most Owl fans. However, we must move forward taking each week as a new opportunity to improve on last year's one win campaign.

FAU (1-6) vs Troy (4-3)

The Owls will be home this weekend as they take on the Trojans of Troy. FAU is still looking to notch a win in the SBC and a win at home would definitely be the preferred way to get the second win of the season. Last week Troy just barely managed to get by a lackluster FIU team. Look for Troy to rebound from that poor performance and look for FAU to struggle once again even with an improved offensive output.

Fearless Prediction: Troy 35 FAU 21

Other games of note:

#2 Florida (7-0) @ #10 Georgia (6-1)

Get the cocktails ready. Jacksonville will be alive with energy for this one. Florida will be too much for Georgia on both sides of the ball.

Fearless Prediction: Florida 37 Georgia 20

#14 Texas Tech (6-1) @ #3 Kansas State (7-0)

Two teams both averaging just under 43 points per game. The deciding factor will be defense. Kansas State has a better defense and that should allow them to prevail in a shootout. This is my pick for the offensive game of the week.

Fearless Prediction: Kansas State 42 Texas Tech 38

#5 Notre Dame (7-0) @ #8 Oklahoma (5-1)

Two of the most storied programs in college football will meet in Norman, Oklahoma as the Sooners play host to the Irish. Notre Dame is experiencing a season the likes of which has not been seen in South Bend since the Lou Holtz era. Yes, for you younger readers, that old guy with the funny lisp used to be the coach of the Irish. Notre Dame has the #2 scoring defense in the country while Oklahoma has the #5 scoring offense in the country. This is going to come down to who avoids turnovers and who plays better on the defensive side of the ball. As good as Notre Dame has been, their schedule looks softer with each passing week. Only one of their previous opponents is still ranked. That team is #17 Stanford who took Notre Dame to overtime before the Irish pulled out a victory. Last week Notre Dame got all they could handle from an unranked BYU team while Oklahoma rolled a Kansas team coached by former Notre Dame head coach Charlie Weiss. My heart is with Notre Dame in this one, but my head is with Oklahoma.

Fearless Prediction: Oklahoma 27 Notre Dame 20

Enjoy the games and remember, be true to your school.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK NINE FAU vs. TROY

30-22

Trojans…….
Back to the top

Can't bare to watch
Troy 36
FAU 17

We got Morris taking on Steelers Sunday, trying to become #1 in rushing… GO MORRIS!!!
Back to the top

42-6 Troy.

The way this team responds to last weeks debacle under Pelini will tell me a lot.  If I am right on the score…start getting worried.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

36-14 TROY
Back to the top

NCowl said

Can't bare to watch
Troy 36
FAU 17

Which is a good thing since it won't be on TV!

:D
Back to the top

Troy is starting Corey Robinson, after he was held out for a week due to a concussion. Although good, he has been off on many potential TD throws this year and is not a running threat.

Backup QB, junior college transfer Deon Anthony (think Omar Haugabook with perhaps a better arm), brought Troy back from behind against FIU to win. He completed 29 of 41 passes for 245 yards and three touchdowns in Troy's dramatic 38-37 victory. He also rushed for 115 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries. Anthony's rushing total was the most by a Troy quarterback since Bob Godsey rushed for 122 yards against Tennessee-Martin in 1997. Anthony accounted for all five of Troy's touchdowns in the game.

So, Robinson's recovery might be good for FAU. Look for Anthony in running situations and near the goal line. It would be interesting to see both Anthony and Robinson in the backfield simultaneously.

FAU should be able to use the mid- and long-pass as Troy again (despite new and returning talent to its defensive backfield) has been exposed in the air.

Troy should be tough on the run.

Troy has several excellent RBs, led by Shawn Southward, who will gain ground yards if the pass is not working.

I expect either a very close game, with Troy pulling away in the fourth quarter, or Troy winning big from the start. The Trojans have the talent but have not completely gelled this season. If they want to play in a bowl game and contest for the conference title in a year when just about any Sun Belt team can beat any other), this game could be their anchor point.

FAU can stay in this is the wise and good Wilbert shows up. If that other Wilbert is on the field, it could get ugly.
Back to the top

BMarkey said

FAU should be able to use the mid- and long-pass as Troy again (despite new and returning talent to its defensive backfield) has been exposed in the air.

The question is will they?  We have shown that our passing game can be a good weapon, we just don't use it enough.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

fau 31-  prophylactives 0

shut out city.
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK NINE FAU vs. TROY

BMarkey said

Given the amount of wind that is forecast to be blowing, not sure we are going to be attempting any passes over 10 yards consistently…
Back to the top
Control functions: