Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: Troy @ FAU - 10/27/12 @ 5:00 PM

Add topic

Re: Game Week Thread: Troy @ FAU - 10/27/12 @ 5:00 PM

Rick said

Well, 30% chance of remaining showers for tomorrow at kick-off time…but going to be windy on the field.

On a side note:

Not understanding the way the forecasting is being done on this one. It is moving further away and they have the winds going up tonight??
Rick, apprantley tropical storm force winds can go out a few hundred miles from the center of a hurricane.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Rick said

Well, 30% chance of remaining showers for tomorrow at kick-off time…but going to be windy on the field.

On a side note:

Not understanding the way the forecasting is being done on this one. It is moving further away and they have the winds going up tonight??
Rick, apprantley tropical storm force winds can go out a few hundred miles from the center of a hurricane.

I get that, but it is going to be over 100 miles further away from us than it is now………..

And there are no 40+ MPH winds taking place.
Back to the top

Rick said

USMCOWL said

Rick said

On a side note:

I get that, but it is going to be over 100 miles further away from us than it is now………..

And there are no 40+ MPH winds taking place.
sorry didnt mean to sound like you didn't know. Just saying that winds come from the circulation.
Back to the top

I am taking wagers on the wind. I'm saying it will be <10 mph. Basically a normal Boca day. Don't let Steve Weagle scare you.  By kick off Saturday it will be 300 or more miles away.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

sorry didnt mean to sound like you didn't know. Just saying that winds come from the circulation.

Didn't take it that way :)
Back to the top

Local said

I am taking wagers on the wind. I'm saying it will be <10 mph.

Hit Exit up, he will need some counter balance after that score he threw up in the Fearless Predictions thread…lol
Back to the top

Game Week Thread: Troy @ FAU - 10/27/12 @ 5:00 PM

duder said

NCowl said

I think we already got several Pass Interference calls on us and the game hasn't even started?
WTH!!!

"and the owls start their opening drive with a 1st and 32……"  :D

Gotta love the Sun Belt officials.  Sounds like you've been seeing the same "wonderful"officiating we have in Troy.  :(
Back to the top

@Troy87… They are as bad in every sport. I saw almost every home SBC Baseball game last year and  they can make you shake your head. Our problem on DB PI calls is the refs are calling ANY contact.. Even if it doesn't impede  the receiver. That really makes it tough to defend and it can change the momentum of a game.
Back to the top

I know this is homecoming week but I haven't seen any coverage of events. Has anyone been to any of the HC events this week? Any pictures? I haven't even seen anything on FAU Facebook.

I'm a bit surprised the game is not on ESPN3 this weekend.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I heard up until Sandy interferred, most of the homecoming events were well attended. Especially the fair at the Jupiter campus.
Back to the top
Control functions: