Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TEN FAU @ NAVY

FAU (2-6) @ Navy (5-3)

A reinvigorated FAU team travels north to Maryland to take on the Midshipmen of Navy. FAU has some momentum after winning against Troy to break a six game losing skid. Navy is one of the few teams left in the country to employ the triple option and that will be what defines this game. FAU is going to have to play sound defense to contain a good Navy football team. The Owls have the athletic advantage as do most of Navy's opponents. The key to this one will be to limit Navy's time of possession and for FAU to put together long drives on offense. This one rides on the FAU defense.

Fearless Prediction: FAU 31 Navy 24

Other games of Interest

FIU (1-8) @ South Alabama (2-6)

This game should be of interest to FAU fans if only to see how the Golden Panthers stack up against a USA team that beat FAU.

Fearless Prediction: South Alabama 31 FIU 24

#1 Alabama (8-0) @ #7 LSU (7-1)

This matchup gave us multiple great games last season. It seems that this year the road to the national championship runs through the SEC West. Expect a physical battle that will be close. Alabama seems unbeatable and LSU seems a bit suspect especially on offense. The lower the score the better for the Bayou Bengals of LSU.

Fearless Prediction: Alabama 24 LSU 17

That is all for this week. For those heading up to Annapolis, enjoy! Annapolis is a great city with lots to offer. It should be a great experience. Don't miss the seafood market downtown for fresh oysters on the half shell and some of the best crabcakes on the east coast.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TEN FAU @ NAVY

34-17

Sailors…….
Back to the top

I do believe FAU is 16.5 point underdogs in this one but I'm pulling for the upset with momentum being on the owls sides. The offense is clicking and the defense has the speed on the outside to stop the run. FAU 27 NAVY 24

I kick cancers ass and that's all there is to it..
Back to the top

RHABDOowl said

I do believe FAU is 16.5 point underdogs in this one but I'm pulling for the upset with momentum being on the owls sides. The offense is clicking and the defense has the speed on the outside to stop the run. FAU 27 NAVY 24

Navy has some momemtum too…they have won 4 straight and they dropped 56 points on East Carolina last week.  This will be an extremely tough game for our Owls.
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TEN FAU @ NAVY

RHABDOowl said

Welcome to the Forum!
Back to the top

No score prediction from me, but I have a strange feeling that FAU might win this one.

I know that Triple option is a tough nut, but remember when FAU focused on UNT's run game? They REALLY shut it down. If we can stack up front and close of those running lanes I think FAU has a shot.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I think our defense contains Navy's run, and while our offense does a great job I think Navy pulls out the squeaker.

FAU28 Navy 31

Wilbert throws for 3 TD's and Jackson doesn't fumble the ball…….that much.  ;D.  That kid is like your crazy ex girlfriend, you know how it'll end but you call her late at night anyway.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

The owls have improved each game and have shown life, but not enough to keep up with the midshipmen.

Anchors Away 34-21

(Sure would love to see an upset though and prove me wrong, then we can be assured we are heading in the right direction)
Back to the top

I would love to see the upset, but I dont see it. I see a big rushing day for Navy...maybe close to 250... If our running game gets going and are linebackers play well, we can steal a win....Navy 28 FAU 17

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Thanks Rick! I know the owls D-line is a bit undersized and has been scrutinized at times but Navy has always had a small line which can play in the owls favor. The owls have the speed to stop the option and have shown the discipline at times to get the job done. Unfortunately as I'm writing this I am getting chemotherapy and have my fingers crossed I am able to watch or listen to an owls victory..  Go Owls!!! :)

I kick cancers ass and that's all there is to it..
Back to the top
Control functions: