Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pelini Feels Delays Contributed to Current Status of Football Program

Can't say I disagree…

Via www.capitalgazette.com:

Pelini believes the “lull in the program” was the result of delays in delivering on the vision of Florida Atlantic football. Schnellenberger talked from the outset about playing in a sparkling on-campus stadium, but that didn’t happen for almost a decade.

“There was a lot of early excitement about Florida Atlantic football and Howard fielded some very good teams, but there were a lot of promises made that didn’t come to fruition for a while and I think the story got old,” Pelini said. “There have been some very tangible steps forward in recent years, and we all know the potential of a program once a university makes a real tangible commitment.”

Florida Atlantic trying to build football program that will last
Back to the top

Re: Pelini Feels Delays Contributed to Current Status of Football Program

Pelini Feels Delays Contributed to Current Status of Football Program

Thats a great article.

Love the Morris mention as well.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

That is a great article. I agree with Coach P's comments. The delay has hurt us, and it will take time to build up the fan base, yet there is excitement with the stadium and the team being coach by Coach P. There is upbeat attitude with the team, they are more competitive. It will take a couple of seasons but I agree we could be back to where we were. Now all we need is a marketing plan, and naming rights.
Back to the top

Spot on and something that many of us here, including myself, mentioned numeous times in the past.

It is great to dream big, but unfulfilled promises really hurt this program in terms of recruiting and building a fan base.

That said, the excuses are only good for so long. We now have a stadium and it is time to get recruiting and fan support up to speed.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I have to agree with the comment. I don't know how many recruiting classes Howard told they would be playing in a new stadium. No doubt the word got around to high schools that the same promise is made every year but hasn't happened and who knows if it will ever happen.

Hind sight is 20/20 isn't it? Innovation village/stadium is built and enrollment applications go way up. Now everyone is on board and everyone thinks it is a great idea.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

VERY nice article and excellent comments! Thanks for posting the link!
Back to the top
Control functions: