Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK ELEVEN FAU @ WKU

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

The season is quickly winding down and with each week the college landscape becomes a little more clear. For FAU there is still hope of adding a few more wins before the season winds down. FAU heads north to the Bluegrass state to look for a second SBC win on the season as they face the team with th most confusing mascot in perhaps all of college football.

Around the SunBelt Conference

FAU (2-7) @ WKU (6-3)

WKU is a good team. However, after winning five out of six to start the season, including a win over SEC opponent Kentucky, the Hilltoppers have dropped two of their last three. FAU seems to be gaining some momentum even with a loss at Navy last week. The FAU offense has looked good the past three weeks and the Owls should show up with some confidence. FAU certainly looks like they could play spoiler in this one. If the Owls score 30 plus points they will win. I do think that will be  tall task as WKU will look to run a lot on an FAU defense has struggled to stop the run. Another big key will be how FAU's defense plays in the redzone. WKU has scored 84% of the time when in the redzone. FAU has given up points 89% of the time. This will be close one.

Fearless Prediction: WKU 31 FAU 27

Troy (4-5) vs. Navy (6-3)

This game might be of interest to Owl fans. FAU beat Troy and then lost a heartbreaker to Navy on the road. The common opponent angle makes this one interesting.

Fearless Prediction: Navy 30 Troy 24

Around the Nation

#15 Texas A&M (7-2) @ #1 Alabama (9-0)

This game will tell us a lot about both Texas A&M and Alabama. Freshman QB Johnnie Manziel has been dubbed Mr. Football by folks in Aggieland and now around the nation. His reckless style of play makes for an exciting game and some are suggesting that he could be the perfect guy to spoil Alabama's perfect season. As much as I do enjoy watching him play, Alabama will not succumb to the magic of Manziel. Texas A&M will put up a fight but in the end Alabama will get the job done

Fearless Prediction: Alabama 35 Texas A&M 24

#11 Oregon State (7-1) @ # 14 Stanford (7-2)

The Beavers are the feel good story of the PAC12. They will face a significant challenge in Stanford. OSU has one of the worst rushing attacks in the country. Stanford has a very balanced attack on offense. The Cardinal should win this one at home if they can avoid looking past Oregon State and toward their upcoming game with #3 Oregon.

Fearless Prediction: Oregon State 31 Stanford 28

That is all for this week.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK ELEVEN FAU @ WKU

Hate to even go here given the way the team has shown progress this season, but:

29-23

Toppers…….

Another close one, as the Owls continue to reduce gap.
Back to the top

I have watched WKY play a couple times and they are a pretty solid team all around.  I also believe this team is paying better every week and regardless of what some negative Nellie's out there say we are definitely moving in the right direction.

That being said I still am going to have to go with..

FAU 24
WKY 28

Please prove me wrong guys!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FAU 24…WKU 21……Call me crazy. I don't care. I have a good feeling about this team right now.
Back to the top

Local said

Call me crazy. I don't care.

Ok…….

You're CRAZY!

;)

;D
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK ELEVEN FAU @ WKU

Owl getting better every game but will make one or 2 mistakes that wont let us finish.

WKU 35
FAU 28

Would love to be wrong.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

HAHAHA. That's good !
Back to the top

I too feel like I want to jump back on the winning band wagon with this improving team, but every time I do, they lose. So I would rather expect them to lose and be extra excited when they do win.

Owls 24
WKU 28

mistakes cost us….

BUT, GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

I agree that we seem to be back on track making improvements each week, but I think we make a couple critical mistakes in the 4th and lose a close one.

WKU 31 FAU 28

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Local said

FAU 24…WKU 21……Call me crazy. I don't care. I have a good feeling about this team right now.

+1

I am going with Local Owl on this one.  I think I have only picked the Owls once this year (SoBama…and was wrong).  I just think the last 3 weeks we have played improved football (with a few exceptions at times).

I heard if we win, there will be a 6-day tailgate party!!
Back to the top
Control functions: