Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

After FIU, who will be our rival?

After FIU, who will be our rival?

I can't remember but this may or may not of come up before. So after our GOOD FRIENDS the Yellow Kitties leave for that WONDERFUL C_USA conference, who will be our main Rival?

I guess FIU could still be considered a rival, but we just won't play them that much.
MT you would think, but they already have big rivalries with Troy & WKU.

Would it have to be one of the new comers, USA or GSU?

What are your thoughts?
Back to the top

Re: After FIU, who will be our rival?

You can not just can not make a rival it has to happen by Geographically or created by a serious of events that create heat between the two schools. The problem is everyother team in the Belt has a rivals WKU are rivals with Mtsu and MTSU plays for a cup with Troy ULL has ULM. You can not just point to someone and say hey your a rival.
Back to the top

Stetson years from now.
Back to the top

Yup,

Both FAU and TxState will have no real "rival" in the SBC once UNT and FIU leave.

And the OOC is filled up now thru 2015 so we wont bee seeing FIU OOC anytime soon.

GSU is the closest geographically.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

You can not just can not make a rival it has to happen by Geographically or created by a serious of events that create heat between the two schools. The problem is everyother team in the Belt has a rivals WKU are rivals with Mtsu and MTSU plays for a cup with Troy ULL has ULM. You can not just point to someone and say hey your a rival.

I realize that, but for discussion sake… in the future, down the road…
Just trying to get a discussion of what people are thinking about it.
Back to the top

Whle it wouldnt be highly attended from a fan standpoint you could se TxState and FAU becomeing Rivals.

2 of the best Football talent states in the nation squareing off.

As to GSU we do have something in common with them. We could start the "Cracker Cup" with a whip as the trophy?

Georgia cracker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the late 19th century and the early part of the 20th century, Georgia ranchers came to be known as "Georgia Crackers" by Floridians when they drove their cattle down into the grassy flatlands of Central Florida to graze in the winter, stopping where the citrus groves began. In order to get the cattle's attention they became very adept at cracking a bullwhip.

The term "cracker" was in use during Elizabethan times to describe braggarts. The original root of this is the Middle English word crack meaning "entertaining conversation" (One may be said to "crack" a joke; a witty remark is a "wisecrack"). This term and the Gaelic spelling "craic" are still in use in Ireland and Scotland. It is documented in Shakespeare's King John (1595): "What cracker is this… that deafes our eares / With this abundance of superfluous breath?"

By the 1760s the English, both at home and in the American colonies, applied the term “Cracker” to Scotch-Irish and English settlers of the remote southern back country, as noted in a passage from a letter to the Earl of Dartmouth: "I should explain to your Lordship what is meant by Crackers; a name they have got from being great boasters; they are a lawless set of rascalls on the frontiers of Virginia, Maryland, the Carolinas, and Georgia, who often change their places of abode." The word was later associated with the cowboys of Georgia and Florida, many of them descendants of those early frontiersmen.[1]

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

NCowl said

owlcountry40 said

I realize that, but for discussion sake… in the future, down the road…
Just trying to get a discussion of what people are thinking about it.
 I would say Troy NCAA the video game calls is a rivalry game lol
Back to the top

Since we keep them on the schedule fairly often my vote goes for USF.  In state, same age program (close), and while they own the record, we gave them a scare at Lockhart and we are hungry for a win next year. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Whle it wouldnt be highly attended from a fan standpoint you could se TxState and FAU becomeing Rivals.

2 of the best Football talent states in the nation squareing off.

As to GSU we do have something in common with them. We could start the "Cracker Cup" with a whip as the trophy?

Georgia cracker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the late 19th century and the early part of the 20th century, Georgia ranchers came to be known as "Georgia Crackers" by Floridians when they drove their cattle down into the grassy flatlands of Central Florida to graze in the winter, stopping where the citrus groves began. In order to get the cattle's attention they became very adept at cracking a bullwhip.

The term "cracker" was in use during Elizabethan times to describe braggarts. The original root of this is the Middle English word crack meaning "entertaining conversation" (One may be said to "crack" a joke; a witty remark is a "wisecrack"). This term and the Gaelic spelling "craic" are still in use in Ireland and Scotland. It is documented in Shakespeare's King John (1595): "What cracker is this… that deafes our eares / With this abundance of superfluous breath?"

By the 1760s the English, both at home and in the American colonies, applied the term “Cracker” to Scotch-Irish and English settlers of the remote southern back country, as noted in a passage from a letter to the Earl of Dartmouth: "I should explain to your Lordship what is meant by Crackers; a name they have got from being great boasters; they are a lawless set of rascalls on the frontiers of Virginia, Maryland, the Carolinas, and Georgia, who often change their places of abode." The word was later associated with the cowboys of Georgia and Florida, many of them descendants of those early frontiersmen.[1]
I do not know if having a whip as trophy would go over well…….
Back to the top

duder said

Since we keep them on the schedule fairly often my vote goes for USF.  In state, same age program (close), and while they own the record, we gave them a scare at Lockhart and we are hungry for a win next year.
 Both teams have to see it as a rivalry USF would not they did not even want UCF as a rival they felt they were way above them before UCF went to the bigeast
Back to the top
Control functions: