Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Wraps Up Non Conference Slate through 2015

Per their release…

Florida Atlantic University's athletics department has wrapped up the final scheduling of non-conference opponents through 2015.

The Owls are scheduled to play at Miami, South Florida and Auburn while hosting New Mexico State in 2013. The Owls (0-3 versus USF) nearly upset the then ranked No. 6 USF Bulls, before a sold out Lockhart Stadium crowd in 2007. FAU fell to Auburn in 2012 in the only previous meeting and were defeated by New Mexico State in 2004, which was also played at Lockhart Stadium. The Miami game will be the first of a three-game series which will include a home game for the Owls in 2015.

"Our 2013 goal was to build an attractive schedule while increasing opportunities for Owl fans to support the team. We think that we have accomplished this by playing five home games and two road games close to Boca Raton." said Melissa Dawson, FAU's senior associate athletics director. "Trips to Miami and Tampa will continue to increase our presence in middle and south Florida and will encourage our fans to experience road trips."

FAU will make return trips to Nebraska (0-1) and Alabama (0-1) in 2014 and will complete a home-and-home agreement with Wyoming when they travel to Laramie, Wyoming. FAU will meet Tulsa for the first time serving as the game host on the front end of a home and home agreement.

The 2015 home schedule will be highlighted by the second game of the series versus Miami and the first time the Hurricanes have played in Boca Raton. FAU will return trips to Tulsa and Florida.

"Our goal is to play six home games annually. Our first opportunity to accomplish this was in 2015. Six home games showcases our outstanding stadium while providing the team with a great home field advantage," said Dawson.

Complete conference and non-conference schedules will be released in late February or early March by the Sun Belt Conference.
Back to the top

Re: FAU Football Wraps Up Non Conference Slate through 2015

I like the Miami, South Florida, and Tulsa games.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Hey Rick: I like the Tulsa game in 2015. That's only 693.41 miles from my house….an easy drive.
Back to the top

I like that they are finally talking 6 home games in 2015.  Took long enough.
Back to the top

grayowl said

Hey Rick: I like the Tulsa game in 2015. That's only 693.41 miles from my house….an easy drive.

Said it before, and will say it again:

Life of Riley!

You are Blessed, my friend, and the rest of us are envious.

;D
Back to the top

FAU Football Wraps Up Non Conference Slate through 2015

Smart….

"Our 2013 goal was to build an attractive schedule while increasing opportunities for Owl fans to support the team. We think that we have accomplished this by playing five home games and two road games close to Boca Raton." said Melissa Dawson, FAU's senior associate athletics director. "Trips to Miami and Tampa will continue to increase our presence in middle and south Florida and will encourage our fans to experience road trips."

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: