Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Alabama is losing!

Add topic

Alabama is losing!

They're down 20-0 to #15 Texas A&M at the beginning of Q2

wow
Back to the top

Re: Alabama is losing!

Now down 14-20 at the half. They have closed to striking distance and are at home. Still think they pull it out and save both theirs and Georgia's seasons.
Bama loses and they are both done with Notre Dame and the Big12 winner having NO conference championship games to possibly lose. If those two both end up their "seasons" undefeated they are in!
Back to the top

Bama losses at home to Texas A & M, blowing up the SEC's chances of a repeat national Champion baring MAJOR miracles happening. And with ND and Kansas St. NOT having to play in any conference championship game they can just glide in now IF they win out their regular seasons.

In my mind, ANY team that wants to be considered for the national Championship should have to win it's Conference Championship game - making a 13 game season for all to level the playing field for all Conference winners and the FBC Championship.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Bama losses at home to Texas A & M, blowing up the SEC's chances of a repeat national Champion baring MAJOR miracles happening. And with ND and Kansas St. NOT having to play in any conference championship game they can just glide in now IF they win out their regular seasons.

In my mind, ANY team that wants to be considered for the national Championship should have to win it's Conference Championship game - making a 13 game season for all to level the playing field for all Conference winners and the FBC Championship.

The Big 12 doesn't have a conference championship?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

No, there's only 10 teams. A & M and Mizzou both left. SO the Big 12 is really the Big 10, while the Big Ten is really the Big 12

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

walty12 said

No, there's only 10 teams. A & M and Mizzou both left. SO the Big 12 is really the Big 10, while the Big Ten is really the Big 12

Wow, didn't realize that changed for them this year.  Is there still a Big 12 North/South?

Back to the top

No, pretty sure it's just one ten team conference

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Yup only 10 teams - and on purpose - to NOT play a Conference Championship game and slip into the post season higher ranked, at the expense of losing the Championship game revenue.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Jab979 said

Yup only 10 teams - and on purpose - to NOT play a Conference Championship game and slip into the post season higher ranked, at the expense of losing the Championship game revenue.

The championship games have historically helped teams get into the national championship, not hurt.

Back to the top

Sometimes, lately it seems easier to sit back at no. 3 to 5 nd let the conference division champs beat each other up and just slidem into the game.

Anyhow, the Big12 has been deliberate at not adding new programs the past 2 years to go back up to 12 members and have the added pressure of having their higher ranked team get upset and lose their chance at the BCS Championship. They stayed at 10 after Nebraska and Colorado left and then added WVU and TCU to replace Missou and T A&M this year, still at 10.
Back to the top
Control functions: