Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

showing off stadium for possible naming rights

Add topic

When I was pulling into the main part of campus tonight, noticed the lights on in the stadium and the scoreboard running with a video of President MJ Saunders. Possible showing of how the stadium operates to a possible person/corporation for naming rights. Upgrades to the stadium sound and video board maybe? I wonder what was going on.
Back to the top

Re: showing off stadium for possible naming rights

Don't get your hopes up my friend. They're just prepping for the "Making Waves on the 50" gala at the stadium…. on Saturday. Isn't it great how our school spends more time prepping for a fundraiser than for actually football games?
Back to the top

Thanks Hootin. Maybe have some possible contenders for naming rights at the Gala.
Back to the top

That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all! Let's hope Saunders and Chun had the same idea!
Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

Don't get your hopes up my friend. They're just prepping for the "Making Waves on the 50" gala at the stadium…. on Saturday. Isn't it great how our school spends more time prepping for a fundraiser than for actually football games?

Yeah, a shame that we spend more time trying to raise money for academics than sports.  ::)
Back to the top

showing off stadium for possible naming rights

SigEp77 said

HootinHollerin said

Yeah, a shame that we spend more time trying to raise money for academics than sports.  ::)

Well said, I am a big sports fan but let's keep things in perspective.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Obviously academics are more important....however, I bet getting this football program into the top 25 would generate more revenue for academics than anything else they could do.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Obviously academics are more important….however, I bet getting this football program into the top 25 would generate more revenue for academics than anything else they could do.

Actually, the OE college and school of Accounting could easily raise more money YOY than athletics could.  And if you think naming rights gets us into the top 25, well, I'll just let you live that fantasy.  Naming rights costs have come down considerably from where they started pre-construction.
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

Naming rights costs have come down considerably from where they started pre-construction.

Back to the top

SigEp77 said

walty12 said

Obviously academics are more important….however, I bet getting this football program into the top 25 would generate more revenue for academics than anything else they could do.

Actually, the OE college and school of Accounting could easily raise more money YOY than athletics could.  And if you think naming rights gets us into the top 25, well, I'll just let you live that fantasy.  Naming rights costs have come down considerably from where they started pre-construction.

You should have watched 60 minutes on Sunday regarding how much money big time college football generates for the University.

Secondly, you are referring to direct money and not the secondary effects a succesful college football program has.  Donations, applications, naming rights, selling suites, other advertising, merchandise sales, season tickets, etc.

Bottom line, there isn't a program engineering or accounting that could raise the money football can at a school like Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Oklahoma, etc.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: