Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

QB Tyler Ferguson Visiting FAU

Add topic

With Florida Atlantic's starting quarterback Graham Wilbert graduating after this season, the biggest question regarding next year has been who will throwing passes for the Owls.

Junior college quarterback Tyler Ferguson might be that the guy.

The 6-foot-5 210-pound signal caller out of College of Sequoias will be taking an official visit to Boca Raton this weekend to watch the FIU game after being extended a scholarship offer a few days ago.

"I'm taking my official visit tomorrow through Saturday," Ferguson said Wednesday night.

The passer was offered by recruiting coordinator Jeff Sims earlier in the week and could fill a huge void for FAU in this year's recruiting class.

Ferguson has another offer on the table from Houston and is expected to visit them later in December.

Having played football at Ridgeview High School in Bakersfield, California, Ferguson signed with the College of Sequoias last year. This past season he has threw for 2,614 yards, 24 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

The quarterback has three years of eligibility remaining, and could join the team in the spring if he signs with FAU.

His highlights from this season can be seen here.
Back to the top

Re: QB Tyler Ferguson Visiting FAU

He's like a GW with some wheels. 4.7 40 from a 6'5" kid ain't bad. Looks like his avi is him playing basketball too?

I don't think he does much for our read option offense still but he can huck it
Back to the top

We need this kid  it is him or the 15 percent chance we see Mg3
Back to the top

Looks like he may be going with UH - official visit there  :'(
Tyler Ferguson
And he's not "warm" on us LOL
Back to the top

Isn't he on our campus today?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

QB Tyler Ferguson Visiting FAU

walty12 said

Isn't he on our campus today?

Yes official visit today through Saturday.

As it is stated above he will be visiting Houston later in December.

The Cougars current starting quarterback is David Piland - who is a redshirt sophomore.

They also have St. Thomas Aquinas QB John O'Korn verbally committed. So lots of competition over there.
Back to the top

Didn't re-read the first post.  *SMH*  ???

Sounds good and the 247 site may want to update their info on visits!!

Hopefully, Tyler "warms" up to our DOMINATION win over FIU on ESPNU tomorrow night!

34-14 OWLS!!  ;D
Back to the top

Yea, I would have to say as long as he is here on campus it has to be at least warm.  Lets see if our coaching staff has closing skills or if Pelini has to put the coffee down.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Yea, I would have to say as long as he is here on campus it has to be at least warm.  Lets see if our coaching staff has closing skills or if Pelini has to put the coffee down.

I'm sure the coaching staff is reminding him that arguably the entire offensive skill set players return along with a majority of the starters on defense.
Back to the top

Look's pretty good. can play next year here or wait 2 years at Houston, whom I may add, are NOT the Houston of prior years anymore - new regime, the old one is now at Texas A&M - ask Bama about them!

I say we have a pretty decent shot, and being able to come in for spring ball just helps him that much more!
Back to the top
Control functions: