Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TWELVE SHULA BOWL FAU vs. FIU

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

One game matters this week and it is the only one that I will be predicting.

FAU (3-7) vs. FIU (2-8)

Shula Bowl XI will be played under the lights on Friday night at FAU. The Owls will get a chance to show off their new digs to a national audience. While that is incentive enough for FAU to get up for this game, the real treat is getting a chance to keep the Shula Bowl Trophy and bragging rights over an FIU team that will be leaving the SunBelt Conference.

FAU leads the series 8-2. However, FIU's two wins were big wins in which the Golden Panthers outscored FAU 93 to 13. While both teams are having less than stellar years, this game should be a good one. The FAU offense is starting to click under QB Graham Wilbert. He has been very efficient throwing 14 touchdowns to only 3 interceptions and while the FAU offense is ranked 108th in the nation, that is a little misleading. In the past four weeks the Owls have averaged just over 30 points per game. FIU has been fairly balanced on offense and they have shown an ability to put up points as well.

Junior FAU running back Jonathan Wallace has been the workhouse late in the season and he is someone to pay attention to this week. The FIU rush defense has been suspect and Wallace might just have his second 100 yard game of the season.

The FAU receiving corps led by sophomore wide receiver William Dukes will look to impress. The FIU secondary should have its hands full.

The key for the FAU defense is going to be to force turnovers and stop the FIU rushing attack. The Panthers are rush heavy and use a solid ground game to set up an efficient, but not explosive passing attack.

Fearless Prediction: FAU 31 FIU 17

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TWELVE SHULA BOWL FAU vs. FIU

27-24

{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-
Back to the top

I predict that FIU will be overwhelmed by a stadium that has Phase 1, 2, 3 and 4 completed.  Don't worry FIU, you will start Phase 2 of your stadium when demand warrants it.

My prediction is….55-0  FAU wins for the 9th time!
Back to the top

our boys are hungry for this one, team is improving each week, coming off a big win and in our house, we roll big time. I don't think the 55-0, plus I would like to see a bit of a fight early then pull away…

{o,o}  -  31-20
|)__)
-”-”-
Back to the top

Defense steps up and plays lights out in this one…17-6 FAU.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TWELVE SHULA BOWL FAU vs. FIU

27-22 FAU
Back to the top

I jumped the gun on Wednesday.    FAU  31      FIU 21.   
Back to the top

I was proven wrong last week thankfully but this week I am going with…

FAU 28
fiu  10

Can we start an over/under on the number of fiu fans that come north for the beat down?

I will start with 20, I am feeling generous today.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I was proven wrong last week thankfully but this week I am going with…

FAU 28
fiu  10

Can we start an over/under on the number of fiu fans that come north for the beat down?

I will start with 20, I am feeling generous today.

I will take the over…I think they are good for a good 40, 41 non family members or employees of FIU, also that does not inlcude band or cheerleaders!
Back to the top

I think we get control by the 3rd and run up the score on them....37- 6....bye bye kitties...

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: