Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2 Plays

I dont come on this message board after a tough loss until Monday to refrain from any angry posts but after a weekend to think about it the game came down to two plays.

Play 1:  50 yard pass from the half yard line on 3rd down to start the game.  This play set the tone of the game.  A stop there would have been huge and should have been expected.

Play 2:  100 yard kick return for TD.  We battled and played hard to get the lead and in a matter of a 100 yard sprint it was gone.  Wilbert starting pressing and that was all she wrote.

Pelini better work on getting this defense right for next year.  There have been very minimal gains in that department and the guy is a defensive coach.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: 2 Plays

1 play- DIVE up the middle for 1 yard!!!
Humiliated at work today……..
Back to the top

walty12 said

I dont come on this message board after a tough loss until Monday to refrain from any angry posts but after a weekend to think about it the game came down to two plays.

Play 1:  50 yard pass from the half yard line on 3rd down to start the game.  This play set the tone of the game.  A stop there would have been huge and should have been expected.

Play 2:  100 yard kick return for TD.  We battled and played hard to get the lead and in a matter of a 100 yard sprint it was gone.  Wilbert starting pressing and that was all she wrote.

Pelini better work on getting this defense right for next year.  There have been very minimal gains in that department and the guy is a defensive coach.

Have to agree, plus the two TD passes from Medlock. On both plays he was able to scramble around in the pocket due to poor containment by the pass rush and find wide open receivers down field. Between the corners playing too far off the ball and the defensive ends getting pushed outside, it was bad.
Back to the top

305owl said

1 play- DIVE up the middle for 1 yard!!!
Humiliated at work today……..

:D

Back to the top

What about when FAU had possession on their 30 yard line.
We were 3rd down and 9 and Wilber tucked the ball, started running, then advanced 4 yards and decided to throw the ball and the receiver dropped it.
He had time and space to keep running and get the 1st down.
Back to the top

NīTE said

What about when FAU had possession on their 30 yard line.
We were 3rd down and 9 and Wilber tucked the ball, started running, then advanced 4 yards and decided to throw the ball and the receiver dropped it.
He had time and space to keep running and get the 1st down.

YUP! Even the OL thought he was running it and started running down the field to block for him. Instead he throws it, and very low too, and then there's a flag for ineligible receiver down field.

If you're going to run it, then commit to the run. Don't hesitate. You had a clear shot at 1st down if you had just ran it

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Thanks Rick!
Back to the top

Wasn't FIU's 1st TD a 3rd and 10 pass play with a missed tackle?
Back to the top

I think it was the first of 2 missed tackles on Medlock inside the redzone. We allowed him to get the pass off and they scored easily

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

2 Plays

FAU has progressed from making mistakes ALL game in the beginning to making 1 or2 bad mistages a game.

That is progress. Now next spring and camp can be spent REFINING the process and eliminatiing those mistakes.

The QB situation is the HUGE wildcard in this programs advancement next year.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: