Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

LB Jeremiah Benjamin has FAU in Top 4

Add topic

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Talented Linebacker Visits Owls

Hollywood McArthur linebacker Jeremiah Benjamin has been offered by numerous BCS programs, but Friday night he found himself in Boca Raton.

Rated as a 3-star prospect by both Rivals.comand 247 Sports, Benjamin was on hand to watch the Owls take on rival FIU.

“It was a lot of fun, I sat in the student section to watch the game with my brother. The atmosphere there was crazy,” Benjamin said.

The linebacker holds offers from the likes of West Virginia, Texas A&M, Wake Forest, Illinois, Tennessee, Kentucky, Purdue and Pittsburgh. But one of the main reasons he was checking out Florida Atlantic was because of a family member.

Benjamin’s older brother is a student at FAU and has been part of the community for a while.

“My brother has been attending FAU for 4 years,” he said.

The connection has been strong enough  for the highly-touted defender to name the Owls in his top four.

“I have medium interest in them. Out of all the offers I have I'm only considering about 4 of them. Marshall, FIU, West Virginia, and of course FAU,” he said.

Benjamin (pictured left) visited Marshall for an official visit last month and plans on taking others.

His trip to the game on Friday night was unofficial visit with his parents. However, that doesn’t mean he won’t come back.

“I've just been wanting to see how the new stadium looks, and I was very impressed with it. There’s most definitely a big chance of taking an official visit in the near future,” he said.

Linebacker coach Jovan Dewitt is the Owls' main recruiter for Benjamin.
Back to the top

Re: LB Jeremiah Benjamin has FAU in Top 4

Reel him in Coaches! Gotta start keeping this level Florida players here in state and in BOCA! F Marshall and WVU!
Back to the top

LB Jeremiah Benjamin has FAU in Top 4

GeorgiaOwl said

Reel him in Coaches! Gotta start keeping this level Florida players here in state and in BOCA! F Marshall and WVU!

F FIU too!
Back to the top

He has three teams listed as HOT and we are one of many listed as WARM. This according to ESPN recruiting. We seem tto be a long shot.
Back to the top

Local said

He has three teams listed as HOT and we are one of many listed as WARM. This according to ESPN recruiting. We seem tto be a long shot.

Take that for what it's worth.

I spoke to the prospect yesterday and that's who he listed.

While he may be a long shot, FAU also holds an advantage with his brother attending the school.
Back to the top

The offer list is simply ridiculous!

Back to the top

Love how we ate going after many of these big time kids something our last staff would never do if we get just a couple of these kids will make a huge difference at a sun belt program.
Back to the top

Last year Burton could have gone to a bigger school but chose to stay home. We need a few more 3 star guys. Benjamin is rated 4 stars by Rivals. We need to land a couple the "long shots".
Back to the top

I meant ESPN Recruiting, not Rivals.
Back to the top

Now that The U is scrambling and Golden is possibly leaving, we should be all over Keith Bryant from Atlantic. He committed to Miami a long time ago. Maybe he can be swayed. You never know. He is what FAU needs.
Back to the top
Control functions: