Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

JUCO QB Jaquez Johnson Commits to FAU Football

Add topic

JUCO QB Jaquez Johnson Commits to FAU Football

Jaquez Johnson
QB
6-1, 210
Starkville, Mississippi

Scout profile

Don't know a lot about him, that's Andrew's department lol.

But from what I was able to find, it looks like he went the Juco route because of a torn labrum in his shoulder in 2010 which required surgery. It also seemed that at one point he was considering baseball over football. He's a dual threat QB and has worked on his passing skills while at East Mississippi Community College

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: JUCO QB Jacquez Johnson Commits to FAU Football

Thanks Jab!

Rivals Profile Here:

Jaquez Johnson
Back to the top

Re: JUCO QB Jaquez Johnson Commits to FAU Football

Back to the top

Per www.cdispatch.com:

"Mitchell is disappointed Johnson's recruiting stock fell because of torn labrum he suffered against Southaven this season. Mitchell said Arkansas State, Alabama-Birmingham, and Louisiana-Monroe were recruiting Johnson, but the shoulder surgery scared them away."

Link
Back to the top

Seems like a good player! And you scooped a bunch of people on this. Good work!

He's supposed to arrive in January. Pelini made a comment about that, wanting the JUCOs to be available for the Spring practices.
Back to the top

Rick said

Per www.cdispatch.com:

"Mitchell is disappointed Johnson's recruiting stock fell because of torn labrum he suffered against Southaven this season. Mitchell said Arkansas State, Alabama-Birmingham, and Louisiana-Monroe were recruiting Johnson, but the shoulder surgery scared them away."

Link

That's good news.  It doesn't seem like he went to a JUCO program because of grades, but because he wanted to play QB and teams recruiting him backed off because of injury.  Hopefully he's here by January and can go through a full spring with the team.  He's got a chance to start right away here.  Plus he's got 3 more years of eligibility. 
Back to the top

Rick said

Per www.cdispatch.com:

no teams that blow me away, but hey… throw him in the mix and see what happens!
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Seems like a good player! And you scooped a bunch of people on this. Good work!

He's supposed to arrive in January. Pelini made a comment about that, wanting the JUCOs to be available for the Spring practices.

Actually, December…….

"I will get to report down there in December and I am going to major in Sports Administration.”

Story from SEC Illustrated
Back to the top

Hopefully this guy isn't just someone Pelini just got because he's desperate for a dual-threat QB. I find it odd that nobody was talking about this guy the way they were about MGIII coming to FAU. I think we still need another JUCO and a high school QB just in case.
Back to the top

Another highlight tape  of Johnson can be seen here.

He looks like a big runner at 6-foot-2 230. That's linebacker size.

The school he's at - East Mississippi Community College - produced Ole Miss's QB Bo Wallace last year.
Back to the top
Control functions: