Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Keep your eyes open....

Add topic

On the press Thursday or if you are around campus (south side of the stadium) in the next couple of days!

There will be a nice presentation taking place prior to the game this Saturday!  Pat Chun & FAU are making lots of inroads locally!
Back to the top

Re: Keep your eyes open....

stadium naming rights?
signed a 4* recruit?
moving to the ACC?
Back to the top

TEASE!

Naming rights would be HUGE.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

NCowl said

stadium naming rights?
signed a 4* recruit?
moving to the ACC?

Love the enthusiasm, but no…….

;D

Back to the top

Definitely not naming rights, from what I understand though, there is a pitch being made to someone local right now for the naming rights.  The price has come down considerably to $700K for 10 years now for a total investment of $7MM.
Back to the top

C-USA maybe man i hope not.
Back to the top

Keep your eyes open....

SigEp77 said

Definitely not naming rights, from what I understand though, there is a pitch being made to someone local right now for the naming rights.  The price has come down considerably to $700K for 10 years now for a total investment of $7MM.

Still dont think we should get into that long of an agreement.  We should go 36 months at a time right now.  Our program, the university and college football are changing drastically and could be worth more in a very short time. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

SigEp77 said

Still dont think we should get into that long of an agreement.  We should go 36 months at a time right now.  Our program, the university and college football are changing drastically and could be worth more in a very short time.

Totally disagree…the worse thing you can do is ruin the asset of the naming rights by having a revolving name on the stadium….like, I don't know…Joe Robbie Stadium, Pro Player Stadium/Park, Dolphin Stadium, that Horrible Beer owned by I don't understand his appeal Jimmy Buffett, Sun Life Stadium.
Back to the top

I did notice that the South Concourse of the stadium has picked up a name…not sure if that has been formally announced.  I saw it for the first time on Saturday after the basketball game.
Back to the top

Tim said

I did notice that the South Concourse of the stadium has picked up a name…not sure if that has been formally announced.  I saw it for the first time on Saturday after the basketball game.

I know the banners said Shapiro Family, as well as a sign inside the concourse. They did just put up signs a couple weeks ago on the outside that said Shapiro South Concourse, but I thought we all knew of this already?
Back to the top
Control functions: