Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Miami - Self Imposed Bowl Bans

Add topic

I love that they act like they are really punishing themselves.  First, with the season they had this year and last they had no business qualifying for a bowl game.  Second, what bowl game are they banning themselves from exactly?

Ohio State has to miss out on a possible National Championship this year due to acts not nearly as egregious as Miami's debacle.  The NCAA can't take these two self imposed "bans" as anything.

Miami Hurricanes self-impose second straight bowl ban - ESPN

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: Miami - Self Imposed Bowl Bans

Miami - Self Imposed Bowl Bans

Uncle Luke is reporting on Twitter that Al Golden is going to Tennessee.

He's a valid source right?  :)
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Mrs. Golden loves Miami.  They're not going anywhere.
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

TeamBeer said

There's still 3 SEC coaching positions available as well as NC State, BC and Cal. I would think he's on the short list  for a few of those jobs.
Back to the top

BC is trying to get their salary up to 2mm to entice him up there too. I can't imagine the BC job is better than UM.

Tennessee on the other hand…
Back to the top

cbboarder said

SigEp77 said

TeamBeer said

There's still 3 SEC coaching positions available as well as NC State, BC and Cal. I would think he's on the short list  for a few of those jobs.

Golden can get more talent with one tank of gas at Miami than he can get at any of the schools listed, why would he leave? Miami was predicted to finish last in the Coastal division and he led them to a first place finish.

Also, he had done a phenomenal job of keeping top tier local talent home and has kept FSU & UF out of Miami when it comes to recruiting. He's following Howard's recruiting philosophy from the early 80's to a t.

Will there be rumors? Sure. Will he leave? Not a chance.
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

Golden can get more talent with one tank of gas at Miami than he can get at any of the schools listed, why would he leave? Miami was predicted to finish last in the Coastal division and he led them to a first place finish.

Also, he had done a phenomenal job of keeping top tier local talent home and has kept FSU & UF out of Miami when it comes to recruiting. He's following Howard's recruiting philosophy from the early 80's to a t.

I think he's as good as gone. The hammer is about to come down on UM. They could potentially be bowl-less for another 2-3 years, plus the loss of scholarships. Why would he want to stick around and deal with all the imposing sanctions that happened while Randy Shannon was the HC and not him.

The only conference that's stable right now is the SEC. Only a matter of time before the ACC crumbles and then who knows where Miami ends up. The better question should be (if it's true), why WOULDN'T he take it?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

SigEp77 said

I think he's as good as gone. The hammer is about to come down on UM. They could potentially be bowl-less for another 2-3 years, plus the loss of scholarships. Why would he want to stick around and deal with all the imposing sanctions that happened while Randy Shannon was the HC and not him.

The only conference that's stable right now is the SEC. Only a matter of time before the ACC crumbles and then who knows where Miami ends up. The better question should be (if it's true), why WOULDN'T he take it?
I do not think Golden will leave even though he wants to. It is hard to gage how bad he wants our sure he will take a job at UT but who wouldn't would he take a job at CAL? just to get out of THE U.

I do enjoy watching UM crumble like a deck of card so tired of there fans think they are still a major player in college football.
When UM decided that it did not want to make an effort to build a stadium closer to campus they decided football is not there 1st priority anymore. I hope the programs burns stupid scUM
Back to the top

I was just having this conversation with a big UM fan in my office yesterday.  I find it hard to believe after they hid the information from him when he was hired and how well he handled the team this year with all of the issues outstanding that one of the SEC teams is not going to come calling.

If the SEC calls…good bye Miami, with that kind of money the Mrs. can keep her vacation home here and travel as much as she likes.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Tennessee will offer upwards of $4 million, Miami will be lukcy to offer $2.

Thats a lot of "tanks of gas".

NCAA sanctions looming…he'd be an idiot not to leave.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: