Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium Upgrades?

Add topic

Now that were moving to Conference USA?
Back to the top

Re: Stadium Upgrades?

Something better be done…

Based on last year's numbers, it's a huge jump in RPI.

Baseball did well moving from A-Sun to SBC, but this is a bigger shift for sure…
Back to the top

Stadium Upgrades?

Can not wait to see us play teams like Rice and USM in baseball I love FAU basketball but Baeball is my number at FAU sprts wise. They deserve so much better if i won the powerball my large donation to FAU would have had quite a bit earmarked for basbeall.
Back to the top

Rick said

Something better be done…

Based on last year's numbers, it's a huge jump in RPI.

Baseball did well moving from A-Sun to SBC, but this is a bigger shift for sure…

Especially when we have to play against a team like Rice

Rice has sent more than 20 players on to the major leagues. Most notable among these are All-Star pitcher Norm Charlton, Gold Glover José Cruz, Jr., Perfect game pitcher Phillip Humber of the Chicago White Sox, and five-time All-Star and St. Louis Cardinals right fielder Lance Berkman.
In 2004, Rice became the first school ever to have three players selected in the first round of the MLB draft when Philip Humber, Jeff Niemann, and Wade Townsend were selected third, fourth, and eighth, respectively.

Rice Owls baseball

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Gonna be tougher on all sports, but at least not as tough as the old lineup of programs was!
Back to the top

Any news on when they're finally going to renovate the baseball stadium? 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Any news on when they're finally going to renovate the baseball stadium? 
Posted On: Nov 15th 2014, 6:22 AM #338114

While it is a on his list to get things done it's not a priority for ad Chun. College baseball is just not a major money sport.
Back to the top

You would think with little option in S. FL now for MLB spring training that a good college team and game would draw many baseball fans, especially with lower prices than the MLB games.
Some here may not want to hear this but do we market to the local (Palm Beach and Broward Counties) seniors crowd for the baseball games - something like senior prices or days or even senior season tickets. More fans in seats means more revenue and a better shot at hosting post season games IF we are well attended!
Back to the top

Totally agree Georgia. I would rather continue our winning tradition in baseball by getting a renovated stadium than throw  more money at a mediocre basketball team. 
Back to the top

Gimme a break! I remember when U of F and UCF sucked in basketball. we have a new coach who knows what he is doing. give him a chance! we always have 2 or 3 players that could play on any team every year as we do this year. we always have several guys on the team that can be counted on, and again, could be counted on any good team. we do not have mediocre players or coaches, but we have some mediocre fans. IF more fans came to the game and cheered on the team, that in itself would mean 5-8 points a game. Where is our home advantage?? More fan support could take us over this hurdle faster than anything! Attitude reflects leadership. Having said that, I have two observations from this game: Botley, very talented, but zero assists -not good. and, CJ, needs to improve his shooting a lot!
Back to the top
Control functions: