Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

CUSA Football

Add topic

CUSA Football

Really just wanted to be the first poster in the new forum….

But I will be happy when UNC Charlotte gets their football 2015, hopefully we can be up here for that game first!

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

Re: CUSA Football

NCowl said

:D

Sneaky Pete!
Back to the top

NCowl said

But I will be happy when UNC Charlotte gets their football 2015, hopefully we can be up here for that game first!

GO OWLS!!!

Good for you, but I did suggest it elsewhere! ;)

GREAT DAY for FAU and the OWLS! Now get the armed intuder guy off the campus - what an asshole!
Back to the top

I'd imagine that Charlotte's going to have it rough for awhile… starting up football and immediately having to face the level of competition in the CUSA.

Still, their HC is the former DC at Wake Forest, their QB/OC is the former OC at WVU and their DC was the former DL coach at Michigan. So definitely good pedigrees for the important positions. Shouldn't take them too long to get up to speed.
Back to the top

Tweet from @cfb_rumors

CFB Insider ?@cfb_rumors
#MountainWest officials are meeting this weekend, and I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to raid #CUSA. #Tulsa and #UTEP or #UTSA?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Tweet from @cfb_rumors

CFB Insider ?@cfb_rumors
#MountainWest officials are meeting this weekend, and I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to raid #CUSA. #Tulsa and #UTEP or #UTSA?

Hmmm…

Looking at the map, wouldn't be bad choices.

But what's those schools' incentive to leave?

Back to the top

Maybe less in travel expenses? I don't know how the bowl tie-ins compare to that of C-USA

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Maybe less in travel expenses? I don't know how the bowl tie-ins compare to that of C-USA

Defintely not as good. If they do entice UTEP so what but Tulsa would hurt. And if that happens so much for the Belt adding any decent FCS programs or keeping WKU or Arky St.
Back to the top

If they take X programs from the CUSA, I'm sure CUSA will then take WKU + (X-1) programs from the SBC.
Back to the top

He is the final Sagarin conference rankings for 2012;

SEC was the second-best college football conference in 2012

Nice that the Belt has moved up to No. 10 of 12 (counting Independents). bad news is CUSA moved down to 13 of 12. How is that possible, a FCS conference ranked higher! Ouch! At least there is a MUCH better media contract to soften the "blow".
Back to the top
Control functions: