Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK FOURTEEN FAU vs. LOUISIANA LAFAYETTE

Talk around the SunBelt Conference has not been on this weekend's games, but on the rapid departure of SBC programs to Conference USA. Reactions from the FAU faithful seem to be mixed. Before packing our bags and heading to CUSA, we still have one more game to round out the season as well as an additional full year of SBC competition.

FAU vs. ULL

ULL is most likely bowl bound this year. All FAU can do is play spoiler and look to end the season on a positive note. ULL has the offense to score early and often. The FAU defense needs to play a very solid game in order to have a chance. The Owls will look to throw with urgency as Graham Wilbert wants to leave FAU with a win in his final game. I predict Wilbert will have another 300 yard passing game and the week off with have proved positive for FAU. This will be a shootout.

Fearless Prediction: ULL 38 FAU 31

Arkansas State vs. MTSU

Each team comes into this one with only a single loss in the SBC and an 8-3 record overall. ASU has won 6 straight and QB Ryan Alpin has 13 tds to only 2 ints in his last six outings. MTSU has strung together four straight wins, but the Blue Raider offense has not been nearly as impressive as the ASU offense.

Fearless Prediction: ASU 35 MTSU 24

#2 Alabama vs. #3 Georgia

The game that most people will be watching this weekend is the SEC Championship game. Alabama faces Georgia in what has the potential to be an instant classic and in what all but guarantees a ticket to the BCS Championship game. Alabama lost some mystic with the loss against Texas A&M. Georgia is sure to be watching the game film from three weeks ago in order to pinpoint Alabama's weaknesses. This games pits two very good offenses against two exceptional defenses. I give Georgia the edge on offense and Alabama the edge on defense. This might not be pretty, but Alabama will win.

Fearless Prediction: Alabama 27 Georgia 17

As always…GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK FOURTEEN FAU vs. LOUISIANA LAFAYETTE

Would be really nice to end the season on a win.  That being said, 35-17 ULL.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Walty, you do realize the line is 9 points, correct??

Care to revise that 18 point drubbing?
Back to the top

This game is a toss up.  Does ULL rest it's starters and not risk injury for their bowl game, or do they come out swinging?  If we let Wilbert play the game in the air instead of the ground I think we could have a good show no matter what.  The other question is am I bad luck?  I saw our only win last year at home, and I saw the Wagner game this year, so hopefully my mojo doesn't keep the team from winning more than 1 home game per year.

35-28 ULL with a last minute failed endzone pass by FAU, willbert throws his heart out in his last game.

or

I'll take Walty's score if we try to keep using our ground attack.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Rick said

No, I dont.  I have watched ULL play a few on TV and it would take 20 points for me to take FAU in a bet on this one.

The defense was just so poor vs. FIU, I dont have any faith that we cant stop ULL's offense.  I wouldn't be suprised to see them score 24 or so in the first half.

Pelini has really dissapointed me on the defensive side of the ball.  Its his first season so I wont harp, but I expect to see some serious progress next year.  If not, why did we hire a defensive coach?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

35-25

Back to the top

walty12 said

Rick said

No, I dont.  I have watched ULL play a few on TV and it would take 20 points for me to take FAU in a bet on this one.

The defense was just so poor vs. FIU, I dont have any faith that we cant stop ULL's offense.  I wouldn't be suprised to see them score 24 or so in the first half.

Pelini has really dissapointed me on the defensive side of the ball.  Its his first season so I wont harp, but I expect to see some serious progress next year.  If not, why did we hire a defensive coach?

I agree that ULL will put up some respectable points on our lackluster defense. I think Wilbert and the receiving corps have come into their own so we should keep it fairly close. Our defense is our achilles heel. My how things have changed since my thoughts about this team in the preseason.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Won't let a few brain tumors prevent my fearless prediction from happening this week ;) FAU did have a bye week to prepare for this game and idk if that has any advantage for us or not just putting it out there. ULL may rest a few starters and do have a safety suspended (not sure if its for the whole game or just a half) I have a feeling FAU will come out with a lot of pride it being the final home game of the year and them coming out so flat against FIU will hopefully give them some motivation. GW has a good day and FAU runs it up the middle in the shotgun formation 36 times but gets a win 35-31 in OT to finish the season on a high note and have those recruits leaving the game with a smile. 

I kick cancers ass and that's all there is to it..
Back to the top

Like the way you think REHABDO.  Always good hearing from you. Stay strong.
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK FOURTEEN FAU vs. LOUISIANA LAFAYETTE

We're feeling good about the move…FAU 24- 20

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: