Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU is better- Be Patient

Last year FAU was not only 1-11 but most of the games were over before halftime. FAU was better than it was last year and could have 6 or 7 wins. But they have a recent culture of losing, a new coach, new schemes but there is progress.

I am a Tampa Bay Buccaneer football fan. Last year my team started 4-2 and lost its last 10 games in a row. The last game of 2011 I went to Atlanta in person. The team trailed 42-0 midway in the second quarter. That may happen in a top 10 10 school against a Division II but pretty rare in NFL football. Raheem Morris was deservedly fired.

We hired a Coach from Rutgers named Greg Schiano. The team is now 6-5 and even more relevant is the team is in every game win or lose. All of our losses are 7 points or less with all 5 losses totalling a 23 point difference.

Tomorrow with the NFL's worst pass defense with  two rookie undrafted free agents dbs, 37 year old safety, they play Payton Manning. I expect thenm to put up a tough fight even though they should lose to Denver.

Although Pellini is not as successful as Schino has been, he has made FAU a better ball club despite only one draft class. It is not the wins going up to pay attention to although the win over Troy was only our second win against them

It  is the competitiveness. Last year it is was a miracle for a game to be competitive in the third quarter. This team was 1-11 and without the Herculean effort of Alfred Moris, it could have been easily 0-12.

Give Pellini a chance.
Back to the top

Re: FAU is better- Be Patient

Four plays separate this team from three more wins, IMO.

Unfortunately, two happened today.

Would have been great to pull one out for the Seniors, but, regardless, the future is looking bright!

Might have to wear shades.

;D

Back to the top

TWO great posts guys - Go Owls!
Back to the top

Several weeks ago 14 points would have been the final score for FAU. We still had a ball game to play going into the half. I think we're inline for putting up a respectable showing for '13 in the belt before moving on. Coach Pelini knew what he was inheriting and he and the boys have made great improvements since August. Consider Wagner lucky.
Back to the top

A lot more discipline on this team than last season, still got to limit those drive killing penalties, but we were more competitive in games than last season. Now imagine where we could be if we can get all our players that we sign into camp for the spring?
Back to the top

Certainly a much better team than 2011 and significant improvements were made from Week One to the end of the season. The 2013 team will be in good shape as long as the QB position is addressed. I also think the D-line needs to add some serious size in the middle. Those two things will keep this team moving in the right direction.

I anticipate 6-7 wins next season.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Not only was this team more competitive, but they also never quit.  So while the record was disappointing, the team progressed throughout the season and that is all you could have asked for coming off last year's disaster.  This team is definatley back on the right track.  Combine the on the field improvement with an invite to CUSA…I'd call this rebuilding year a success.  GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I'm just happy that I'm not the only Bucs fan on this board. Are you from Tampa?

Oh yea, and I agree with you too.
Back to the top

I was praying we could pull it off, but in the end……I am so happy that my son wanted to be a part of Owl Nation.  Even though he redshirted this year with injury, my family and friends still showed up to support.  Adrian's twin sister told me at the game, she could not wait to see her brother on the field with FAU next season.  Thank you Seniors for all you have done and Congrats to the team and coaching staff for showing the progression that many doubted.  SALUTE THE HOOT!!!
Back to the top

FAU is better- Be Patient

I'm anticipating anywhere from 4-6 wins next year. I think the job Wilbert did this year was looked over at times. He was our best player on offense and arguably, on the team. I like that we have 7 starters on O returning and 9 on D so there is deff some optimism heading into next year when you consider Duron Carter and hopefully MGIII are eligible. Hopefully the offense is even more potent than it already is with a true spread QB back there
Back to the top
Control functions: