Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ULM To First Ever Bowl - 2012 Independence

After posting an 8-4 mark during the regular season, including a 6-2 mark in Sun Belt Conference play, the Warhawks have been rewarded with an AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl invitation that ULM emphatically accepted on Saturday afternoon.

“We are very excited that the hard work of the team and the staff have been noticed by the AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl,” said ULM head coach Todd Berry.  “To have a historic season culminate in a Bowl such as the Independence Bowl and the great city of Shreveport, La., is extra special.  This team continues to work very hard.  The ULM faithful can be very proud of this team both on and off the field and can know that we will give a maximum  effort towards bringing the Independence Bowl trophy home with us.”

ULM will face an opponent to be named later on Friday, December 28th at 1 p.m. with the game airing nationally on ESPN.

“We are thrilled and honored to be selected to participate in this year’s AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl,” stated Bobby Staub, ULM’s Director of Athletics.  “We couldn’t have picked a better location for our first-ever bowl game and look forward to our students, alumni and fans converging on Shreveport the week of December 28th.”

“ULM fans are extremely excited about the Warhawks playing in the AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl on December 28th,” added ULM President, Dr. Nick Bruno.  “This extraordinary achievement is well deserved. Our football team, under the guidance of their coaches, embodied the Warhawk spirit; they played with a lot of passion and perseverance. I know the community joins me when I say how proud I am of their success.”

Source: Sun Belt Media Relations
Back to the top

Re: ULM To First Ever Bowl - 2012 Independence

Very nice for them and the Belt. Hope all 5 who qualify get in for a change! I see the MAC is trying to out-position the Belt in getting their 7 into bowl games
Back to the top

So the two loses in the Bowl prcess were our MTSU at 8-4 and La. Tech at 9-3! WTF! But Pitt at 6-6 INCLUDING playing two FCS programs AND LOSING TO ONE get a bowl. So basically by losing to one they qualified as only one win counts anyhow? the other loss to a FCS program is ok!And of course Ga. Tech at a BAD 6-7 go even though they were blown away at home by the same MTSU! Not to mention the other nine (9) 6-6 teams going to a bowl oiver the two with very good WINNING records!

Sucks to be in the WAc (dead) ond Belt (dying). GREAT decision to get out of the Belt and into CUSA who sent 6-6 Rice and SMU to bowls. But a great day for the MAC, a BCS bowl and even outpositioned the Belt to get Central Mich (also 6-6) into a bowl. Why did the Belt hire this Benson dude, he just got done allowing the WAC to disintegrate…
Back to the top

ULM To First Ever Bowl - 2012 Independence

GeorgiaOwl said

So the two loses in the Bowl prcess were our MTSU at 8-4 and La. Tech at 9-3! WTF!

I don't know what the deal was with MTSU but LaTech didn't want to play ULM so they were holding out for a better deal and got Tyler Ferguson'ed.
Back to the top

WKU is definitely a surprise, especially since MTSU beat them and has two more wins.

This is the ugly side of things - politics and money.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

So the two loses in the Bowl prcess were our MTSU at 8-4 and La. Tech at 9-3! WTF!

I don't know what the deal was with MTSU but LaTech didn't want to play ULM so they were holding out for a better deal and got Tyler Ferguson'ed.

Yeah, I understand there is some "controversy" regarding La. Tech and there turning down the Independence bowl. NO expenses but a chance to be embarassed by a decent Belt team too!
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

Love the term ha. I'm using that from here on out in recruiting coverage.
Back to the top

Andrew said

Owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

Love the term ha. I'm using that from here on out in recruiting coverage.
+1 :)
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

Hahahahahahaha, you dont want to get Tyler Furguson'ed out in the middle of nowhere.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: