Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

RUMOR...Duron Carter kicked off team?

Like I said total rumor, but I heard he was kicked off the team.  Can anyone on here substantiate this claim?
Back to the top

Re: RUMOR...Duron Carter kicked off team?

The said

Like I said total rumor, but I heard he was kicked off the team.  Can anyone on here substantiate this claim?
That would suck if he was.
Back to the top

Just that, rumor.

Carter is still on the team, and concentrating on academics.
Back to the top

RUMOR...Duron Carter kicked off team?

thanks rick.
Back to the top

This news wouldn't surprise me at all. That's the down-side about Pelini using the K-State model. Solid JUCO players or highly touted transfers usually come with a lot of baggage. It's just a matter of hoping that these idiots don't screw up again.
Back to the top

Owl_Ranger said

This news wouldn't surprise me at all. That's the down-side about Pelini using the K-State model. Solid JUCO players or highly touted transfers usually come with a lot of baggage. It's just a matter of hoping that these idiots don't screw up again.

Not to get sensitive, but calling them idiots isn't really fair.  A lot of them do a lot of growing up between 18-22 years old and get acclimated to college and being a college athlete takes time.

I know it took me a few years to mature and get it together enough to take school serious and graduate.  Heck, I had a 0.0 one semester because I had too much fun and met a girl…disaster.

In his defesne being at Ohio State and Alabama as an 18 and 19 year old kid with high expectations is tough.  Hopefully he will feel more comfortable being close to home and at a smaller program and excel.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

plus some of these guys are not a grade or behavior issue, but choose to go the JUCO route because of a senior year injury.

walty12 said

Owl_Ranger said

Not to get sensitive, but calling them idiots isn't really fair.  A lot of them do a lot of growing up between 18-22 years old and get acclimated to college and being a college athlete takes time.

I know it took me a few years to mature and get it together enough to take school serious and graduate.  Heck, I had a 0.0 one semester because I had too much fun and met a girl…disaster.

In his defesne being at Ohio State and Alabama as an 18 and 19 year old kid with high expectations is tough.  Hopefully he will feel more comfortable being close to home and at a smaller program and excel.
Back to the top

Thank you for clarifying, Rick.
Back to the top

Rick said

Just that, rumor.

If he needs any tutoring I am a loser that will do it for free because I care way too much about FAU's football program.  Just a thought.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Rick said

Just that, rumor.

If he needs any tutoring I am a loser that will do it for free because I care way too much about FAU's football program.  Just a thought.

You just posted that you had a 0.0 gpa in a semester….no thanks to your tutoring offer!!  hahaha
Back to the top
Control functions: