Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

University of Tennessee

Add topic

In the Miami thread, many of you said Al Golden would be stupid to turn this offer down.  Can one of you please explain to me why so many coaches have turned this position down?  Many coaches from lesser programs and lesser conferences.  Mike Gundy and Charlie Strong are the most recent of several.

Seems to me that UT truly is the dumpster fire I described it as.

I'll hang up and listen.

:P
Back to the top

Re: University of Tennessee

Idk Tennessee is a pretty good Job Auburn is the real dumpster fire job with all the NCAA violations coming. Derek Dooley did a lot of the ground d work at Tennessee no idea why strong would not take that job
Back to the top

I can think of 3 million reasons why it's not a bad job. That and the fact that they spend more money than ANY other school in the nation in recruiting.

If Fulmer can do it, so can I.
Back to the top

University of Tennessee

The UT QB is a VERY good player.

Owns the all-time passing mark of 530 yards.

Fans there have ZERO patience…….

Win or get out.

But, that's pretty much how it is everywhere for the most part!

;D
Back to the top

I

SigEp77 said

In the Miami thread, many of you said Al Golden would be stupid to turn this offer down.  Can one of you please explain to me why so many coaches have turned this position down?  Many coaches from lesser programs and lesser conferences.  Mike Gundy and Charlie Strong are the most recent of several.

I'll hang up and listen.

I think your stuck in the 90's the "U" has fallen behind in facilities to average programs, and has lost the persona that your going to the league if your going there. Last i checked they are barely putting players in the NFL anymore. Since moving to the ACC they have barely been relevant. The university of Tennessee draws 90 thousand people on a bad day, whereas Miami draws 15 thousand on a bad day, and can't even come close to a sell out. Miami's fan base is not even real considering the vast majority have never intended the school. So to say Tennessee is a dumpster fire and Miami isn't is truly absurd. Tennessee has more to offer on their little pinky than Miami does.
Back to the top

I didn't say Tennessee wasn't a dumpster fire….I said if they are considered a dumpster fire, Miami is "hell on earth".

Cristobal turned down Rutgers and Pitt…that wasn't a good idea either, doesn't mean FIU is in better shape.

But hey, at least Golden is saving on gas :).

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I

SigEp77 said

I'll hang up and listen.

I think your stuck in the 90's the "U" has fallen behind in facilities to average programs, and has lost the persona that your going to the league if your going there. Last i checked they are barely putting players in the NFL anymore. Since moving to the ACC they have barely been relevant. The university of Tennessee draws 90 thousand people on a bad day, whereas Miami draws 15 thousand on a bad day, and can't even come close to a sell out. Miami's fan base is not even real considering the vast majority have never intended the school. So to say Tennessee is a dumpster fire and Miami isn't is truly absurd. Tennessee has more to offer on their little pinky than Miami does.

He wears carpenter jeans and listens to Ace of Base…thats how 90's he is.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Cristobal turned down Rutgers and Pitt…

He turned down Rutgers, and there were a lot of articles speculating that he was the front runner at Pitt, but did he actually "turn down" that job??
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I

SigEp77 said

I'll hang up and listen.

Miami has always had low drawing crowds.  That what happens when you compare a private school to public.
Miami has won a National Championship this century AND played (robbed) for another one, UT is living in the 90's.
Miami has a top 10 graduation rate of football players, clearly not a dumpster fire.
Look at the surface sure, Miami has a lot wrong, look at a deeper level, such as who came calling for Coker and Shannon and you will see that for 10 years that program was run by incompetent boobs.
They haven't won a SEC championship since 98, haven't played in a BCS game since 2000.
Tennessee has had 4 coaches in 4 seasons and expectations that it's 1997, I'm sorry, but they have **** to offer.
Back to the top

The enrollmemt for the 2 schools Miami is 15000 and UT is at 21000 That isn't a big gap. And Tennessee has always had large drawing crowds, and just to let you know it was over 10 years ago as well when Miami was in a national title game. I'm sorry to say if Miami had a lot to offer they would be winning in a lackluster ACC. it doesn't really matter what I have to say because clearly your a blind Miami fan who can't face reality that Miami is no longer the program it once was and never will be. They are way behind the 21st century in facilities it's an issue they will face going forward. Not saying UT is a perfect program by any means, but light years ahead of Miami at this point.
Back to the top
Control functions: