Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Four teams targeted by Sun Belt for Expansion

The Sun Belt Conference shifted its concentration slightly on those teams its considering to become the league's two newest programs.

"Sun Belt likely to expand by (two) over next 10 days (with) top candidate pool: Georgia Southern, Appalachian St, Jacksonville St, NMSU," Matt Peloquin of CollegeSportsInfo.com tweeted.

https://twitter.com/NCAAsports/status/276644783273943040

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Four teams targeted by Sun Belt for Expansion

NMSU needs to go to another conference…that would be a waste of everyone's time - literally- and money letting them back in.

Too far to travel…does nothing for recruiting or exposure.
Back to the top

Ga. Southern and App State certainly seem to be the best options.  I'm just glad we don't have to worry about this decision anymore!  ;D
Back to the top

Four teams targeted by Sun Belt for Expansion

Jax St is going to get big support from Troy…book it.

They would welcome the return of that rivalry in a heartbeat.
Back to the top

Weren't they in the TAAC/ASun for Basketball?

Back to the top

yep. being from NY i thought Jacksonville State was a florida school till my senior year i think.

i'm glad we are out of the sun belt. i actually think its ignorance which is going to hurt them at this point. they should just go to conference usa and say, hey, let's merge. bringing on these smaller schools with the top tier ones leaving are going to push it into oblivion. glad we got out when we did.
Back to the top

Really just shows more evidence that this conference is just a way for FCS programs to make the jump to FBS. I kinda wish the SBC would just fall into the FCS because with the way conference realignment is going ASU, ULL, ULM and Troy will prob be snatched up soon. I think it would actually make sense to put ULM and ULL in the SEC because both programs showed they can hang with those guys. That's prob not happening at all though lol
Back to the top

Tweet from @cfb_rumors

CFB Insider ?@cfb_rumors
#SunBelt interested in at least one school to replace #FAU and #MTSU. But the schools they're interested in are hoping for other conferences

Back to the top
Control functions: