Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

How to Raise $400,000 for Scholarships

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: How to Raise $400,000 for Scholarships

For you old timers on the board like me…can you believe this is the same school we went to?

To those of you who don't believe we are moving forward fast enough, you have no idea the changes that have occurred at his school over the last 25+ years!

GO OWLS!!!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Just awesome. Great job and great video.
Back to the top

That just sold me, be there next year.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I'm curious, how much money do we net from this? I mean, it's gotta cost a ton to put on. Does $400K actually go to scholarships? Or is it less to cover the cost of the event?
Back to the top

How to Raise $400,000 for Scholarships

A lot of the costs are covered by sponsors…Geico would give us $10 grand for example to help put it on, that sort of stuff.

$250 tickets and all of the auction stuff is donated so that's just gravy at the end of the day.

I think the $400k is what was netted but Media Owl might be able to clarify that.
Back to the top

Nice, VERY classy looking! I hope they all has a great time and get more to come next year!
Back to the top

The event cost roundabout $200,000 to put on. It brought in about $600,000, so $400,000 is the net gain. It all goes into the President's Scholarship Fund. This was actually supposed to be a one-time event last year as part of the 50th Anniversary celebration. It did so well the President's office and Community Engagement have decided to turn it in to an annual ordeal
Back to the top

walty12 said

That just sold me, be there next year.

It's black tie.  I doubt you'll rent a malibu for the weekend ever again.
Back to the top
Control functions: