Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Walk On Info

Hey guys I've just started following your program as of 2 years ago, previously I didn't even know a football team at FAU existed. :-[ Nevertheless, I've decided to give football another go. I graduated high school in 08' from Coconut Creek High in Broward county so I'm now 22 years old but I still want to play again. I had some family issues as to why I did not join my high school team until midway through my senior year, however I went on to start in the final 6 games of the season at safety. I'm now 6'0" 195lbs and I want to try to walk on. I been working myself back into football shape for the past year and my trainer who is Patrick Peterson Sr.,(Patrick Perterson #21 Arizona Cardinals father) has been assisting me with this. Is there anyone who could help me with this process?? I am in my last semester at Broward College so I'll be eligible to transfer after the term with my A.A. degree. I was screwed over my senior year as our head coach left the team for a DII head coaching offer and left us with no guidance as to what to do next. I am dying for another opportunity to play football. Please help. Thanks in advance

PS: attached is a highlight film of plays that I was able to muster up from past teammates of mines. I'm #6 in both the red and white jerseys

Back to the top

Re: Walk On Info

To add I meant to say I have 1 more semester. So I'll be transferring after the winter/spring semester. Thanks
Back to the top

The information for joining the team as a walk-on can be asked by looking at the fau athletics website for the football team or contacting a member of the coaching staff, or contacting the athletic department it self. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site - Football
Back to the top

Nice video, ya looked pretty good! I think there is info for walk-ons on the Owls football page of the FAU site. I also would contact the Coaches, especially the D backs coach and let him know your interest and set up an in-person meeting. Good luck!
Back to the top

Thank you fellas I really appreciate it. Hope to have good news for you all at a later date. In route to a conference championship  ;)
Back to the top

I played ball at Monarch and graduated 08 lol always hated creek cross town rival. The game in 08 will never forget we up 14-0 at half time the two fumbles in the 4th killed us that game still pisses me off we lost.
But good luck man If i were you i would try and talk to a coach personally it might be hard to grab attention by just emailing them.
Back to the top

Walk On Info

Oh wow brings back memories. Great game that was. Did you ever go on to play ball again or just a student? Thanks for the advice also
Back to the top

MWill6 said

Oh wow brings back memories. Great game that was. Did you ever go on to play ball again or just a student? Thanks for the advice also
 Just a student.
Back to the top

He is an All American partier too!
Back to the top

The simplest thing to figure out first is eligibility.  When did you first enroll in as a full time student (12hrs)?  Doesn't matter if it was for AA or bachelors, once you enroll as a full time student your clock begins ticking.  You have 5 years to play 4.  A few years ago I got my start working for the football office, and one of the duties was the walk on process.  I can't give you any insight into the current staff's policies and what not, but the biggest thing is eligibility.  About half of everyone who came to the initial meeting was ineligible.
Back to the top
Control functions: