Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Indiana Girls' H.S. Basketball Team Wins 107-2

Add topic

INDIANAPOLIS – The Bloomington South High School girls' basketball team beat Arlington High School 107-2 on Tuesday night in Indianapolis, prompting an official with the state prep sports association to say he never wants to see an outcome so one-sided again.

"(The score) is probably not what we would like to see," Chris Kaufman, a spokesman for the Indiana High School Athletic Association, told RTV6 in Indianapolis. Bloomington South coach Larry Winters told the Indianapolis Star there was no effort to embarrass Arlington or run up the score. Winters said he played all nine of his players.

"I didn't tell my girls to stop shooting because that would have been more embarrassing (to Arlington)," Winters said, telling the Star that Arlington's defense was in an aggressive 2-3 zone. "We were not trying to embarrass them or run up the score."

Arlington's only points came on a free throw in the second quarter and another in the third. In Indiana there is no "mercy rule," where games are halted when a score gets out of hand.

First-year Arlington coach Ebony Jackson says she was disappointed with how Bloomington South (8-1) handled the game. Her team is 0-6 this year and has lost 23 straight games.

Full Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Indiana Girls' H.S. Basketball Team Wins 107-2

Is this the school of the blind?

I could seriously put together a 5 man squad from this board that could do better vs the Miami Heat than that.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Indiana Girls' H.S. Basketball Team Wins 107-2

walty12 said

Is this the school of the blind?

I could seriously put together a 5 man squad from this board that could do better vs the Miami Heat than that.

HAHAHA! and the only pts they scored came on F/T's

Back to the top

So they pressed enough to draw a foul?! Sounds like they wanted that blow out.
Back to the top

352Owl said

So they pressed enough to draw a foul?! Sounds like they wanted that blow out.

Oh I'm sure they did but "no we didn't intend for this to happen" sure ya didn't. They knew full well the opposing team was horrible and they could easily blow them out. If a kid can make it to Sports Center for scoring 125 pts they probably figure hey we can make it on sports center too

Back to the top
Control functions: