Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stories of FAU being Uncooperative with Supporters

Add topic

Stories of FAU being Uncooperative with Supporters

Owl Ranger's story about getting painted up to serve as the welcoming crew for FAU football fans got me thinking… just how many times have you guys been burned by the university when you tried to do something nice for them? Thought we could use this thread for all those stories.

I believe Exit39 (maybe it was walty?) also tried to hire FAU alumni and they dragged their feet, as opposed to another school like Northwestern that responded right away… can't find that story now.
Back to the top

Re: Stories of FAU being Uncooperative with Supporters

Owl2Doc said

Owl Ranger's story about getting painted up to serve as the welcoming crew for FAU football fans got me thinking… just how many times have you guys been burned by the university when you tried to do something nice for them? Thought we could use this thread for all those stories.

I believe Exit39 (maybe it was walty?) also tried to hire FAU alumni and they dragged their feet, as opposed to another school like Northwestern that responded right away… can't find that story now.

I got a another one for you I have a friend (student) who didn't print his ticket for a football game (the students now have to do that, but yet they can't fill the stadium but I need to print a ticket as a student to get in, I think my athletic fee can cover a piece of paper) but they would not let him with an active owl card. Why do we turn students away. I now have to remind people to print out their ticket. Hello MJ AND CHUN WE CAN NOT FILL THE STUDENT SECTION!!!FORGET THE PRINT TICKET THING!!!! In fact they should pay me for a ink cartridge for all the games I have gone too. I going to sit behind MJ every first half of every basketball game and be as loud as I can, just to piss her off. Don't sit in front of the students, go shake hands and kiss babies, invite people back, don't just sit down looking pissed off same thing to Chun he was to my left last game and didn't get up once. GO OWLS!!! WEASEL!!WEASEL!! WEASEL!!!
Back to the top

Owl Ranger I TOTALLY get it!

When I was with the Dirty Birds we did the same exact things as you. In fact we would get there a little early and stand in the same spot EVERY home game. Well on occasion students who attend 1 game a year sat directly behind us and we never sit down during a game and they went to security to complain about us numerous times. Security could have asked us to sit down but they knew if they did we'd laugh at them and the rest of the student section would boo the hell out of them lol. So the people who complained about us just walked away and moved to a different section.

Rick had the displeasure of sitting right in front of us and hearing us yell the entire game, all season long lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I remember the dirty birds I started at FAU in 2004 had to stop because of financial reasons with my family but you guys where awesome, they should let you guys sit with the students again.
Back to the top

Owl_Ranger2 said

Owl2Doc said

I got a another one for you I have a friend (student) who didn't print his ticket for a football game (the students now have to do that, but yet they can't fill the stadium but I need to print a ticket as a student to get in, I think my athletic fee can cover a piece of paper) but they would not let him with an active owl card. Why do we turn students away. I now have to remind people to print out their ticket. Hello MJ AND CHUN WE CAN NOT FILL THE STUDENT SECTION!!!FORGET THE PRINT TICKET THING!!!! In fact they should pay me for a ink cartridge for all the games I have gone too. I going to sit behind MJ every first half of every basketball game and be as loud as I can, just to piss her off. Don't sit in front of the students, go shake hands and kiss babies, invite people back, don't just sit down looking pissed off same thing to Chun he was to my left last game and didn't get up once. GO OWLS!!! WEASEL!!WEASEL!! WEASEL!!!

There are only so many seats allotted for students.  A day will come (hopefully) where our students will want to come and tickets will be hard to come by.  Some type of order needs to be in place, while this may not be the most ideal method with all of the technology today, having students just show up with their Owl card will lead to hysteria and more complaints, similar to the home opener in 2011.

Regardless of what athletics or the university decide to do, someone won't be happy, but that is life.
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

Owl_Ranger2 said

Owl2Doc said

There are only so many seats allotted for students.  A day will come (hopefully) where our students will want to come and tickets will be hard to come by.  Some type of order needs to be in place, while this may not be the most ideal method with all of the technology today, having students just show up with their Owl card will lead to hysteria and more complaints, similar to the home opener in 2011.

Regardless of what athletics or the university decide to do, someone won't be happy, but that is life.

Hopefully I agree but now get bodies in door, until you fill it. We printed a ticket and missed the intros but I'm always happy on a game day, just not after if we lose.
Back to the top

I don't think asking students to print tickets is so unreasonable.  You need to have some sort of policy in place.  Perhaps scanning the tickets off smartphones (so you don't have to remember to print them) is a good solution for everyone. 
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

that's correct. I work on a trade desk in commodities and I always hire summer interns. I called the FAU business school and they made me jump through hoops. They acted like they were doing me a favor. Morons. They never got their sh!t together, never followed up. I called Northwestern and they 20 resumes to me 24 hours.

Typical FAU. Only took them 8 years to get my correct address after i graduated.
Back to the top
Control functions: