Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Whitehead Off to FAU

Add topic

“I’m taking my talents to South Beach,” said Whitehead, holding up a blue Florida Atlantic University ballcap during his signing ceremony Wednesday evening at the Manassas Boys & Girls Club.

On the table next to the Florida Atlantic cap were hats from Bowling Green State University and University of Connecticut. But Whitehead – a standout three-sport high school athlete and NJCAA first team all-American at Dean [Junior] College – chose the sunny climate of Boca Raton, Fla. instead of the frigid gridirons of the Midwest or East Coast.

“Most of you people know I can’t play no football in cold weather,” joked Whitehead.

In all seriousness, Whitehead said he had a good time with the coaching staff and players during his visit to the Sunshine State two weeks ago. He also appreciated the fact that Florida Atlantic was the first to offer him a scholarship.

Read more here.
Back to the top

Re: Whitehead Off to FAU

Just image him next to Carter and Dukes?
Back to the top

Not to mention Richardson who will be back next year along with the transfer from Illinois.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Not to mention Richardson who will be back next year along with the transfer from Illinois.

I think you mean Jay McCants from Indiana if I'm not mistaken but yes the receiving corps will be a huge strength and I'm extremely excited to see them perform. Now let's get a mobile QB with an arm that can get out of the pocket and get them the ball in space.

I kick cancers ass and that's all there is to it..
Back to the top

If the receiving corp is as good as everyone thinks it will be why would you want your qb running around out of the pocket? Stay in the pocket get the ball out quick to your receivers on time and hand the ball off to your backs some. NFL has done it for years and its worked great. The ones who run around a lot hasn't faired so good.
Back to the top

@Bigowl…I think the WR will be the strongest part of the O , and yes, the OC probably will not have the QB running the ball much as called plays. But, it sure is nice to know the threat is there and that he can scramble when needed.
Back to the top

big said

If the receiving corp is as good as everyone thinks it will be why would you want your qb running around out of the pocket? Stay in the pocket get the ball out quick to your receivers on time and hand the ball off to your backs some. NFL has done it for years and its worked great. The ones who run around a lot hasn't faired so good.

It just puts another wrinkle out there for the defense to have to defend. Its not something the QB will do all of the time. It's a great thing to have

I kick cancers ass and that's all there is to it..
Back to the top

Whitehead Off to FAU

I'll go on record as saying this is the first time we've ever had a recruit that was talented/recruited enough to do the "pick one of the 3 hats on the table to announce his decision" thing!  ;D in years past, when you're the only D1 team to offer a kid he doesn't get to do that.

We are in the game now fellas!
Back to the top

Excited about the WRs we have for next year. Now we just need one of the QBs to step up, and take reigns to launch us to the top of the Sun Belt next year and make a grand exit!

The bad part…. it's a LONGGGGGGGG offseason….

GO OWLS!!!!
Back to the top

I'm hoping his talents make it to FAU Stadium prior to South Beach  ;D but happy to have him on board!
Back to the top
Control functions: