Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Butch Davis the next HC at FIU...

Butch Davis the next HC at FIU...

Back to the top

Re: Butch Davis the next HC at FIU...

Good for them, they should be able to land some good recruits with his name…of course when he leaves or gets fired the program will be in shambles  :)
Back to the top

Good hire for them, this guy is potentially the best recruiter in college football history.  They have the biggest name coach in Conf USA.

Let the rivalry continue to grow.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Yet the TEAM at NC underperformed every year under him. But still, nice hire gor a program like FIU. Probably be a one ot two and gone type though!
Back to the top

Aaaand Big Diets just shut me up:

@dkurtenbach: RT @FIUSMSports: Pete Garcia on rumors: "Butch Davis is not the FIU football coach. That story is totally false."
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Aaaand Big Diets just shut me up:

@dkurtenbach: RT @FIUSMSports: Pete Garcia on rumors: "Butch Davis is not the FIU football coach. That story is totally false."

Well it had been posted on Yahoo sports as well.
Back to the top

If they hire him, I don't see what it changes for them.  He's always been known as a great recruiter but not a very good game day coach.  Sounds a lot like the guy they just fired…except that guy was willing to stick around and build the program.  I think of Davis like I think of Petrino at WKU.  It allows FIU to make a splash with the hire, but he's only there as long as he has to be.  Now that he's back in the game (if he's hired), he's a lot more hire-able for bigger programs.  After all, he wasn't interested in the FIU job when other schools had openings.  Once they were all filled, suddenly FIU looked a lot more attractive. 
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

but not a very good game day coach.

Then I wholeheartedly support this (potential) hire  ;D
Back to the top

always the toughest call, would you rather have a guy who can recruit and steal players from bigger (bcd) schools or a guy who can coach. i always felt it was the recruiting. only because when college coaches go to the nfl, the really great ones, they never work out. obviously you want both but always leaned towards recruiting. look at schnelly, him and his staff gave up on recruiting and look where the team went.
Back to the top

The staff gave up on coaching too.
Back to the top
Control functions: