Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Walk On Info

Re: Walk On Info

HeyOwlMan said

The simplest thing to figure out first is eligibility.  When did you first enroll in as a full time student (12hrs)?  Doesn't matter if it was for AA or bachelors, once you enroll as a full time student your clock begins ticking.  You have 5 years to play 4.  A few years ago I got my start working for the football office, and one of the duties was the walk on process.  I can't give you any insight into the current staff's policies and what not, but the biggest thing is eligibility.  About half of everyone who came to the initial meeting was ineligible.
Speaking of which does anyone know if MWill6 contacted the staff?
Back to the top

Good luck Mr. Williams.  Speak with the coaches and research your information for being eligible.  Salute the Hoot.
Back to the top

To answer your questions I registered for my first semester in fall 2011 and I will have 60 credits at the end of this coming spring semester. Also finally with the conclusions of finals this week I've just emailed the defensive backs coach and I am awaiting his reply. However I will probably send emails to other coaches on the staff as well to try and set up a meeting of some sort. I really appreciate everyones help
Back to the top

Does anyone know what happen with MWill6?
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Does anyone know what happen with MWill6?

I don't know what happened to him, but I hope he contacted Ed Hayward in compliance as well as the coaches to figure out his eligibility straight from the horse's mouth.  He sounded like he really wanted a chance. 
Back to the top

So thanks to all of you I have received information as to walk on tryouts. However my eligibility questions have yet to be answered. After talking to a few people I'm pretty sure that I'll have 2 seasons to play. But I'll look to confirm that with the proper officials. Once again thank you all for the information I truly appreciate it. I'll be working extremely hard in the classroom, field and on myself to accomplish a goal of mines. Hoping to give you all good news before the start of the season. Thanks again
Back to the top

Thanks for the update, and best wishes on your pursuit as an Owl!
Back to the top

Wish you luck MWill6!! btw.. I am also thinking of trying out. My #1 choice for hydration you ask? Newcastle Ale  ;)
Back to the top

Walk On Info

MWill6 said

So thanks to all of you I have received information as to walk on tryouts. However my eligibility questions have yet to be answered. After talking to a few people I'm pretty sure that I'll have 2 seasons to play. But I'll look to confirm that with the proper officials. Once again thank you all for the information I truly appreciate it. I'll be working extremely hard in the classroom, field and on myself to accomplish a goal of mines. Hoping to give you all good news before the start of the season. Thanks again

Best of luck and I really hope we see you out there on the field kicking some butt!
Back to the top

Lol thank you all. And owlranger I think I'll leave the Newcastle ale to you lol.
Back to the top
Control functions: