Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Christobal Hired by THE U

Add topic

Article from the sun-sentinel about Christobal (former FIU head coach) hired by UM. This dude is a recruiter and to still have him in South Florida sucks. But I like the U and think it's a start move and will only hurt the stupid golden panthers.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/um-hurricanes/miami-hurricanes-blog/sfl-al-golden-updates-miami-hurricanes-recruiting-20130111,0,6577574.story 
Back to the top

Re: Christobal Hired by THE U

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the head coach there soon. i think he was a better coach than people give him credit for.
Back to the top

Back to square one…at least he didn't have to relocate.
Back to the top

Rick said

Square one? He is pretty much the coach-in-waiting at his dream school… I would not call that square one on any level.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Rick said

Square one? He is pretty much the coach-in-waiting at his dream school… I would not call that square one on any level.

+1. And as a canes fan, i wouldn't mind having him as the head man
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Rick said

Ok, never mind…only saw the tight ends part initially, just noted the associate head role.

Wow, that's a pretty crazy deal if you ask me.
Back to the top

Owl_Ranger said

NJOWL said

Rick said

+1. And as a canes fan, i wouldn't mind having him as the head man

Golden is doing a solid job ,definitely a old school coach with his tie and dress shirt for every game but Christobal is going to get the local kids and I could see him talking over if golden fails.
Back to the top

Well up to now, the U and FAU have not even spoken to the same level of recruits so it would not have been a problem under Howard but now we hopefully are going to go after at least some of the same recruits so...
Back to the top

Christobal Hired by THE U

I kinda doubt UM would want many of the recruits that verbally committed to FIU.  Cristobal may steal away the very best ones he was talking to if they are better than some of the UM verbals.

I don't know, Pete Garcia seems to be so volital. If he has a plan, I don't see it developing.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

DI head coach to TE coach is a definite step down.  Al Golden is a MUCH better coach IMO than Cristobal.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: