Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Media coverage

Add topic

I was wondering about the upcoming baseball season. Will Pat Chun negotiate the rights for internet broadcast of the games, both home and away? Because my family and I cant be there for every game, and baseball for me doesn't feel right without a play by play announcer.
Back to the top

Re: Media coverage

USMCOWL said

I was wondering about the upcoming baseball season. Will Pat Chun negotiate the rights for internet broadcast of the games, both home and away? Because my family and I cant be there for every game, and baseball for me doesn't feel right without a play by play announcer.

I thought they had this through the Stretch radio thing they have on the Athletics website? I know ESPN760 doesn't cover it.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

USMCOWL said

I thought they had this through the Stretch radio thing they have on the Athletics website? I know ESPN760 doesn't cover it.

FAU covers the games - SID Dale Long is the PXP announcer…and he does a great job.

Especially considering that he is flying solo…….
Back to the top

Rick said

Owl2Doc said

USMCOWL said

FAU covers the games - SID Dale Long is the PXP announcer…and he does a great job.

Especially considering that he is flying solo…….

Do you think he is looking for a wingman?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

speaking of which. Interesting article in the UP today comparing baseball and football for the university. In the article baseball gets $283,827 from the athletics budget, compared to football's $1,631,598.22. Baseball has a better record compared to football program since 2001, and more post season appearances. Now I love football, but how is this even right? I know AD Chun will change this, because Angelos allowed this to happen.
Back to the top

Potential revenue and interest.

Plain and simple…
Back to the top

Rick said

Potential revenue and interest.

Plain and simple…

Exactly. There's a reason why baseball is always third on the totem pole.
Back to the top

Everyone agrees though it isn't fair. It will change slowly, especially when the stadium gets renovated.
Back to the top

Media coverage

It sounds fair to me…whatever the excuse is for low baseball attendance, the stadium, college baseball is terminal to watch.  5 hour game norms.  CLINK of the bat is worse on my ears than finger nails on a chalk board.  Baseball will get there time…but right now a $60 million dollar loan needs to be paid, and that means putting butts in the football stadium and that means winning.  So I predict resourses will continue to flow in that direction.

And I know this will be unpopular…as bad as the baseball stadium is…the basketball team needs a new facility first.  You have to develop the two "POTENTIAL" revenue producers first.  If you can find someone to donate the money for the baseball stadium, that would be great.  OR even better…you can designate where your donation goes when giving to the athletic program.  If you give…
Back to the top

College Baseball is huge on some campuses. FSU and UF  fill the stadium and Sunbelt teams like ULL make baseball an event to attend with not only students but locals. FAU has always put baseball down the list. Even though they are easily the best program on campus.
Back to the top
Control functions: