Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Mantis Te'o Story of Dead Girlfriend, a Lie?

Add topic

According to this article from deadspin. The whole thing was a hoax meant to boost his popularity for the Heisman

Full Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Mantis Te'o Story of Dead Girlfriend, a Lie?

I love Deadspin, but this out of control.
Back to the top

It's VERY in depth. For Te'o's sake I hope it's not true but there is a lot of evidence in this article that leads me to believe it is all true. Everything from the picture of a girl from Southern Cal that was supposedly his girlfriend, the fact that there was no record of this girl ever existing, anywhere,  to the fact that he has said on many occasions how he has met her and he loves her blah blah blah, but now he comes out and says he's the victim of a hoax?

Not sure I believe him. I think he was in on it. If he met her like he says he has, then how come he didn't know right there and then it was a hoax?

Back to the top

I think the name of the site says it all…

"Dead"spin.

Back to the top

Mantis Te'o Story of Dead Girlfriend, a Lie?

I think its safe to say that Lennay Kekua does not exist, there is no such person. So I want to know who he was talking to for 8 hours a night on the phone?

I know Notre Dame came out and said he told us about it on December 26th and he is the victim of a hoax. Ok well then why didn't you come out and diffuse the situation before anyone can get their hands on this information? Don't want to cause any distractions from the national championship game? Ok, I'll buy that. But that was 2 weeks ago. So why wait until Dead Spin reports it before making a comment?

Back to the top

Jab979 said

I think its safe to say that Lennay Kekua does not exist, there is no such person. So I want to know who he was talking to for 8 hours a night on the phone?

I know Notre Dame came out and said he told us about it on December 26th and he is the victim of a hoax. Ok well then why didn't you come out and diffuse the situation before anyone can get their hands on this information? Don't want to cause any distractions from the national championship game? Ok, I'll buy that. But that was 2 weeks ago. So why wait until Dead Spin reports it before making a comment?
 I understand what you mean, but I think he wouldn't bring it up because he figured no one would know. I mean if he is playing for a national championship and didn't want a distraction, why create one when no one knew about it?
Back to the top

Well the thing is, Notre Dame made a statement saying that Te'o came to them about this on December 26th and they knew about it then. I totally get not causing a distraction but the championship game was 2 weeks ago. So that's not an excuse

Back to the top

Jab979 said

Exactly, this is one frigin strange story! Based on his performance in the title game and now this, would you draft him and commmit millions of $$$ to him? No way if I owned a team!
Back to the top

Can someone clear this up for me.... what happened?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

We're going to learn A LOT about this over the next week for sure! I'd it turns out he lied and had a part in it then his draft stock is going to fall drastically. But, if it turns out he's just an idiot and he really did get duped then he will come out looking like a saint. He'll be the media darling. The next tebow, except he can actually play lol

Back to the top
Control functions: