Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU OPEN HOUSE IN ATLANTA

Add topic

FAU OPEN HOUSE IN ATLANTA

My daughter received this email today. She's applied however we have yet to receive her acceptance letter. In any event, I like the marketing outside the state!

From: "FAU Undergraduate Admissions Recruiting"<[email protected]>
Date: January 17, 2013, 2:02:49 PM EST
To: "Carlye
Subject: Florida Atlantic University Open House in Georgia

We invite you to learn more about FAU. Join us for an Open House session to learn about admissions, degree programs, costs and aid, and campus life.

The University’s 10 colleges offer more than 175 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. There are clubs and organizations for every interest and enrichment opportunities, including honors education, hands-on research and study-abroad experiences.

Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
2999 Windy Hill Road
Marietta, GA  30067
Monday, January 28th 2013
6:00pm-8:00pm
RSVP to
Dana McNally at [email protected]
Back to the top

Re: FAU OPEN HOUSE IN ATLANTA

Sorry, guys couldn't figure out how to get the pic to work.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

My daughter received this email today. She's applied however we have yet to receive her acceptance letter.

Good stuff! Having been to several conferences and whatnot, I'd be interested to see a picture of their setup… a tablecloth with some brochures doesn't pull as many people as boards, banners, laptops playing campus videos, football helmets, etc. Just wonder how we present ourselves to these kids.
Back to the top

Nice that they are trying, I undertand we have a full time recruiter for the school in metro Atlanta. Post some pics if y'all decide to go CB!

A side note, my daughter (same one who buys me FAU gear online for presents - NICE!) took a picture of a Black Explorer type vehicle on GA 400 with an FAU sticker on the rear window and sent it too me - she was all excited to see it - funny!
Back to the top

Ya, we just had two Open Houses in NY and we've got Chicago, and Dallas coming up soon. And cbboarder, PM if you have any questions about your daughter's application or if you want Dana's office #.

There's a huge push for out of state #s to go up because that's where all the money is.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Ya, we just had two Open Houses in NY and we've got Chicago, and Dallas coming up soon. And cbboarder, PM if you have any questions about your daughter's application or if you want Dana's office #.

There's a huge push for out of state #s to go up because that's where all the money is.

Keep up the great work!

I don't think everyone realizes (I know I didn't), how much FAU recruits outside of the state for regular students.

I was fortunate to be able to partner with the Owl Parent Association and am called to show up at events and sell gear to new incoming students and their parents.  Last August I did an event and got to speak to a lot of new FAU parents.  I always ask where they are from and how they found out about FAU.  There were tons of people from the North East US and I was surprised to hear that FAU goes up there and recruits.  It works!

I will say the feedback I have heard has been awesome.  Everyone thinks the campus is beautiful.  From my little research of asking the new students why they came to FAU, the number one reason was: The Beach.  Funny.

Football in Paradise.  We need to use the heck out of that!

Back to the top

FAUfasho said

When in Dallas? I'll be up there in a few weeks.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

FAUfasho said

When in Dallas? I'll be up there in a few weeks.

My mistake, the Open House was a couple weeks ago. All the numbers from out of state are up, which is great. But oddly enough, Texas is where we've seen one of the biggest increases in applications.
Back to the top

Hey Guys,

Just got back from the open house in Atlanta, nothing special yet functional. The open house attracted about 30 students and family members. The University had 3 representatives, 2 from Boca and 1 local. The slideshow presentation lasted about an hour with a short Q & A session. Overall very informative. They did have a couple small tables set up, one with food and the other with a brochures and gifts (lanyard).

One thing I did notice, out of state tuition sucks!
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Hey Guys,

Just got back from the open house in Atlanta, nothing special yet functional. The open house attracted about 30 students and family members. The University had 3 representatives, 2 from Boca and 1 local. The slideshow presentation lasted about an hour with a short Q & A session. Overall very informative. They did have a couple small tables set up, one with food and the other with a brochures and gifts (lanyard).

One thing I did notice, out of state tuition sucks!

Hey cb, Out-of-State tuition sucks everywhere! And for REAL sticker shock, look at an Out-of-State PRIVATE school. My daughter played fast pitch softball at Brevard College up in NC - let me say this - THANK GOD FOR HER ATHLETICS SCHOLLY!

One think I like I talked to a troy alum about was in Bama, schools there let you pay In-Stete tuition rates if you join the marching band. Very cool and something FAU I feel NEEDS TO DO to get the Owls Marching Band up tp 200-300 members NOW. Most good HS bands in Ga and FL DWARF the Owls MB in size (and marching ability). I will say this, the Owls MB was MUCH better this year than the 1st time I saw them at the stadium opening game! And to me there is no reason schools like Troy and Jacksonville St. can have good sized marching bands while we struggle to get 100! In a 30,000 seat stadium, THAT IS SMALL!

Go Owls and Go Owls Marching Band!

Back to the top
Control functions: