Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Updated: Lucky Whitehead and the JUCOs

Add topic

According to a source and his Twitter feed, WR Lucky Whitehead arrived on campus today and moved into his dorm.

It is also believed that DT Lance Burlingame has made his way to campus, meaning that all five junior college signees in the 2013 recruiting class are in Boca Raton. The two will be joining DT Derek Butcher, OT Braden Lyons and QB Jaquez Johnson who started classes the second week of January.

Update 1/22: A source confirmed that Lucky broke his collar bone on Monday morning while running routes with the quarterbacks. I was told he fell on it awkwardly. I'm assuming this wasn't an organized team function, because that isn't allowed during this time period. As some posters have pointed out, he could very well miss spring practice.
Back to the top

Re: Lucky Whitehead and the JUCOs

Very nice and good news, thanks Andrew!
Back to the top

It's strange to me that he is moving in now. classes have been going on..what.. two weeks? how will he be eligible? I'm confused
Back to the top

Per Lucky's Twitter, he apparently broke his collar bone this morning. Will try and confirm, but if you read his timeline it sounds like he did.
Back to the top

Andrew said

Per Lucky's Twitter, he apparently broke his collar bone this morning. Will try and confirm, but if you read his timeline it sounds like he did.

Tough break!

Pun intended.

Not much you can do about it…….

Back to the top

Andrew said

Rick said

Andrew said

Tough break!

Pun intended.

Not much you can do about it…….

There is a bright side to this. At least he did it before the start of spring practice and fall camp.
Back to the top

Updated: Lucky Whitehead and the JUCOs

How long does an injury like that take to heal?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I think its six weeks to eight weeks for the bone to heal properly, and a about a month or so to rebuild the strenght.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I think its six weeks to eight weeks for the bone to heal properly, and a about a month or so to rebuild the strenght.

Hopefully Owl2Doc can weigh in this, but from what I have read (and personally experienced), the older you get the longer it takes…depends on the person, but a "complete healing" where all aspects of the bone are of equal density, where he is going to be fully released for contact, you are likely looking at about 12 weeks…….

Back to the top

Rick said

Hopefully Owl2Doc can weigh in this, but from what I have read (and personally experienced), the older you get the longer it takes…depends on the person, but a "complete healing" where all aspects of the bone are of equal density, where he is going to be fully released for contact, you are likely looking at about 12 weeks…….

Ahh, yeah. We haven't really covered this sort of thing yet. Right now we're in basic sciences mode.
Back to the top
Control functions: