Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TE/DE Trey Hendrickson Commits to FAU football

Add topic

Apopka TE/DE Trey Hendrickson confirmed Tuesday morning that he has committed to Florida Atlantic.

The 6'4" 222 pound athlete, had been waiting on an offer from the Owls for months, so when the coaches called him late Sunday night to extend one, the decision to give a verbal pledge was easy.

"I'm 100% sure of my commit," Hendrickson said in a text.

Hendrickson visited FAU over the weekend, and was swept away by the atmosphere of campus. He was able to tour the facilities and talk with the coaching staff about what position he could be playing at the next level.

The athlete saw action on both sides of the ball while at Apopka, and was a staple to the team's 8A State Championship run.

"I'll be playing TE or DE," Hendrickson said.

When asked what position he thinks the coaches want him at, the prospect still wasn't sure.

"Both actually. So it could change anytime, but I should have a set position by next year after they feel me out."

Hendrickson doesn't  have a presence of which position he will be playing, but it should be noted that he didn't start playing tight end until his senior season.

"To be honest, I feel like I can play both well, and where ever I can help the team is where I'm fine with playing," he said.

Hendrickson chose the Owls over offers from Western Kentucky and New Mexico while seeing interest from USF and Michigan State. He is also set to take an official visit to Furman this weekend, but that trip could be canceled.

His senior highlights can be viewed here.
Back to the top

Re: TE/DE Trey Hendrickson commits to FAU football

Would just like to let everyone know that Hendrickson has been a silent commit since Sunday night. I could have posted a story then, but out of respect for him I waited until he said it was official. He said he wanted to talk with his high school coach first, and didn't text me until 8:54 this morning…

Back to the top

Re: TE/DE Trey Hendrickson Commits to FAU football

Good read on Hendrickson - who didn't start playing tight end until his senior season.

Position switch already paying off for Apopka TE Trey Hendrickson
Back to the top

Back to the top

Rick said

Welcome aboard Trey!  Great post as well.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

6'4" 222lbs and looks lean. He will be a 245 monster by his sophomore year.

Exciting addition!!

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I like the fact that Trey is tall, willing to go up for the ball, good at blocking. On defense he is willing to get upfield quickly, not afraid to take on people. What do you think, we'll redshirt him or start him his freshmen year?
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I like the fact that Trey is tall, willing to go up for the ball, good at blocking. On defense he is willing to get upfield quickly, not afraid to take on people. What do you think, we'll redshirt him or start him his freshmen year?
Definitley should be a red shirt player. current weight is much to light for DE, and if he's at TE he will have Dorvilus and Alex DeLeon already there. IMHO it would be a benefit to him and the team to redshirt
Back to the top

TE/DE Trey Hendrickson Commits to FAU football

DumpTruck said

USMCOWL said

Definitley should be a red shirt player. current weight is much to light for DE, and if he's at TE he will have Dorvilus and Alex DeLeon already there. IMHO it would be a benefit to him and the team to redshirt

Yeah, Redshirt looks like a + for this kid

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: