Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Who will be the next Sun Sentinel sports beat writer for FAU?

Add topic

Dieter only covers negative stories and things that he can't ignore…(soccer coach going to his alma mater, going to C-USA a year early, etc.)  If it wasn't for the C-USA story the Duron Carter story would still be the #1 story on FAU section of SS.com.
Back to the top

Re: Who will be the next Sun Sentinel sports beat writer for FAU?

Tim said

Dieter only covers negative stories and things that he can't ignore…(soccer coach going to his alma mater, going to C-USA a year early, etc.)  If it wasn't for the C-USA story the Duron Carter story would still be the #1 story on FAU section of SS.com.

That is exactly why I have ignored him since day one.  I know we are supposed to welcome any coverage but he's worthless.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

::)
Back to the top

Seriously. I miss Ted.
Back to the top

Who will be the next Sun Sentinel sports beat writer for FAU?

Owl_Ranger said

Seriously. I miss Ted.
Embarassing
Back to the top

If there's one thing we're good at here on TON, it's turning on people  :-[

Anyway, I don't think he only covers negative things (that award goes to the PBP) but yeah, he definitely doesn't do a daily blog with the same unabashed homerism that Ted Hutton did. Dieter may grow close to the program over time but I think he'll likely move on to another role before that ever happens.

As diehard fans we definitely crave more attention, stories and access than we're given - not just Dieter but overall: SS, PBP, Boca News and especially the University Press. There are still plenty of interesting stories to be written about what's going at FAU, both on and off the field, but there really isn't enough Athletics-specific news for a daily blog. Ted had to stretch a little bit - stories broken over multiple days, asides about the Dance Team, fishing stories - to reach that goal, and I'm sure it wasn't easy.
Back to the top

I have thought recently there was very little posted by Dieter here and basically zero links to his blog posted here either.
Back to the top

at least dieter showed up to practices and didn't exaggerate. Both are negative becuse well, FAU sadly has had a lot of things to be negative about over the years
Back to the top

In fairness to Dieter, what do you want him to write about?

The basketball team sucks, our football team had 3 wins last year and by the show of attendance at the games, clearly no one cares about baseball.

Do you want him to write an article on how amazing our teams are doing despite losing records in probably all of our sports going on right now (except women's basketball)?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

In fairness to Dieter, what do you want him to write about?

The basketball team sucks, our football team had 3 wins last year and by the show of attendance at the games, clearly no one cares about baseball.

Do you want him to write an article on how amazing our teams are doing despite losing records in probably all of our sports going on right now (except women's basketball)?
Agree. people on here need to get some common sense
Back to the top
Control functions: