Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Man Squatting in $2.5M Mansion Attempts 'Adverse Possession' in Boca

Add topic

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: Man Squatting in $2.5M Mansion Attempts 'Adverse Possession' in Boca

Man Squatting in $2.5M Mansion Attempts 'Adverse Possession' in Boca

I've heard of this happening out in texas.
Back to the top

hahahahahaha

Squatter or no squatter, that's brilliant. I'd give this guy a high five.
Back to the top

This is where "Possession is 9/10's of the law" comes into play…there's always an opportunity lying around somewhere if no one is willing to fight its happening.

The original owners by mortgage purchase don't want it, and the lending company is not in business. So…….

As long as he is willing to deal with the fact that utility companies won't open an account until a title is granted, and can survive without power or water, he's in business after three years.
Back to the top

My understanding is that a bank owns the home. What I do not understand is ho the bank doesn't run the guy out and/or how the guy got in to begin with.

Also, isn't it 7 years, not 3?

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I'm pretty sure the utility companies will turn power, water etc. on.  It is seven years and best of all for this guy, he'll probably 1. get pretty damn close to seven years and 2. will get paid by BOFA to move out.  The tough move will be for him to keep up on the taxes of a $2.5mm home, that's a lot of money.

Now, publicly the bank may be upset, privately they love this.  They don't pay a dime to keep the property up, it's lived in, no mold growth, utilities running keep the pipes in good shape etc.  They will keep him there as long as they can or until they have to sell at auction or some other way.
Back to the top

Florida has some really odd real estate laws, this being one of them.  There sounds like there is a lot more to this story than just a squatter taking possession.  Sounds like a big scam to grab the property under this law and try to establish some kind of church/embassy for tax purposes.  I cant see this guy paying the property taxes.

Squatters suck.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

The taxes are like 40 grand, ha ha but ride her till she bucks ya buddy.

I've been to a squat before, it was like a crackhouse, freaking scary stuff. It starts with one dude like that, before you know it there are all kinds asking him to live there
Back to the top

duder said

Florida has some really odd real estate laws, this being one of them.  There sounds like there is a lot more to this story than just a squatter taking possession.  Sounds like a big scam to grab the property under this law and try to establish some kind of church/embassy for tax purposes.  I cant see this guy paying the property taxes.

Squatters suck.

Exactly

He is a punk ass that is trying to steal something for nothing and the bank will have back under a bridge where he belongs in no time.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

The taxes are like 40 grand, ha ha but ride her till she bucks ya buddy.

I've been to a squat before, it was like a crackhouse, freaking scary stuff. It starts with one dude like that, before you know it there are all kinds asking him to live there

You have?  Why?  When you were a struggling artist living a bohemian lifestyle?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: