Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Athletics Table in the Breezeway

Add topic

It seems that Pat Chun's moves to get the athletics department more involved especially with the students at the University appears to be coming to fruition. Today as I was walking back from the library I noticed a table with posters of the spring and summer sports and a couple people from the athletics department manning the table. I grabbed a poster for the baseball season. I'm hoping that more students take the opportunity to stop by the table and check it out.
Back to the top

Re: FAU Athletics Table in the Breezeway

Also giving out free towels. Big draw.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Good to hear.  When I was in school, one of the biggest problems was that nobody ever knew when the games were.  The athletic department was awful at that type of stuff.  Glad Chun and Co. are being proactive about it now.
Back to the top

FAU Athletics Table in the Breezeway

I think this will help the athletic department build a better relationship with the students of the university. Myself, I'm hoping they are there tomorrow so I can grab some more stuff.
Back to the top

This is really great, even if they only get a few people to stop by. Good work, Athletics.
Back to the top

I SAW THIS POST AND WANTED TO SHARE MY LAST CONVERSION WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC- Athletics on facebook (ps like them on facebook)

Sal Grilli:

Yeah and the 31st also. I know the strength and conditioning coach for ULM football (from high school) and I REALLY WANT TO KICK THEIR BUTT. How come we are not turning the lights off and running the flags out for the basketball game introductions or playing the video? Also any update on Greg Gantt's finger?

Florida Atlantic-Athletics:

nothing on the finger yet

we are doing that now

I need your help and your rangers help. Last week the student Alumni Association did a tailgate and no one showed up. It really discouraged the group and they are not sure if they want to do another tailgatel

I want to really get the tailgates going and I need your help

Is there a time I can meet you your organization to talk?

1:23pm
Sal Grilli:

The weather was bad on Saturday, so we did a housegate. And I myself am free from 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm on Thursday. But I think we have to set something up in the breezeway on Thursday the 31st to get students to the game.

THIS IS MY CONVERSION ON FACEBOOK WITH ATHLETICS WITH THEM AFTER A GAME. IT AWESOME TO SEE THEM ACTUALLY LISTEN TO A STUDENT. I GO ON TO WRITE BRING ME HOWARD'S LOG AND LETTING ME STAND ON IT TO GET STUDENTS TO THE GAME. AND WHAT ABOUT A PEP RALLY IN THE BREEZEWAY, BEFORE A GAME. START THE TAILGATE WHEN PEOPLE WALK BY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AFTERNOON.
Back to the top

I'd definitely be down to be part of a tailgate.
Back to the top

The biggest issue with the SAA tailgate is that they say it will start at 1pm and no one is willing to start tailgating for a basketball game that early. I did like that they had a DJ a good start for having a good tailgate-good music. My fraternity and other IFC members start setting up around 4 30 for a game at 7. The SAA also needs to specify a location because I looked around for them and didnt see him any1.

Boca Raton Home of your friendly neighborhood FAU.
Back to the top

Athletics again had a table out in the breezeway today handing mini schedules and a coupon to italio restaurant for a free entree of equal or lesser value. also in the food court in the breezeway athletics had put out on the tables little standing notice of what games were going around the campus for the week. Trying to get the students more involved in with sports. I like it. 
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Athletics again had a table out in the breezeway today handing mini schedules and a coupon to italio restaurant for a free entree of equal or lesser value. also in the food court in the breezeway athletics had put out on the tables little standing notice of what games were going around the campus for the week. Trying to get the students more involved in with sports. I like it.

Agreed! Even if they get 3 or 4 more students than they would if they weren't out there, I'd consider it a success. It starts with 3 or 4 and then it just expands from there

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: