Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

POLL: 27% Say God Influences Sporting Events . . .

Add topic

…more than a quarter of Americans believe that God "plays a role in determining which team wins" at sports events . . .

Poll: Some say God influences sporting events | Home - Home
Back to the top

Re: POLL: 27% Say God Influences Sporting Events . . .

Sounds like an unfair advantage... NCAA should put a ban on God!
Back to the top

NCowl said

Sounds like an unfair advantage… NCAA should put a ban on God!

I think Obama is working on that for all issues.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

NCowl said

I just realized, this forum might be the ONLY place in my FAU career other than IFC meetings that isn't left winged. I know we don't talk about politics but I worked for the Romney campaign back home in Tampa during the Summer. Being in AEPi, most of my brothers are Democrats (why Jews are Dems over Republicans, who knows, but I digress) and I would love getting in respectful constructive discussions with them. By the end of the discussion a far left winged person would butt in and say I'm wrong no matter, but hey that comes with living in Boca.

That being said, BTBIR 2011 = proof there is a God. Greatest night of my college life so far. I'm surprised the students didn't flip a cop car that night. The Burrow was INSANE and after the game we took the party outside.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

NCowl said

Except abortion.

Da-dum-ching

;)
Back to the top

POLL: 27% Say God Influences Sporting Events . . .

God has unfair recruiting advantages and should be investigated.  Nick Saban may be able to make high school kids cry with his mere presence but come on, god made Nick Saban.  ;D

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Revising what I said earlier.

I'll undoubtedly catch some flak for this but I personally don't think God/Allah/Brahma/Vishnu/Shiva/Indra/Agni/Ahura Mazda/Yu Huang/Tao Chun/Shang Ti/Izanagi/Izanami/Apistotookii/Tabaldak/Gitche Manitou/Ra/Zeus/Satan/Cthulu/Flying Spaghetti Monster (did I miss anybody?) intervenes in these sorts of things.

Maybe FSM. Guy has his holy noodles all into everythang.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Revising what I said earlier.

I'll undoubtedly catch some flak for this but I personally don't think God/Allah/Brahma/Vishnu/Shiva/Indra/Agni/Ahura Mazda/Yu Huang/Tao Chun/Shang Ti/Izanagi/Izanami/Apistotookii/Tabaldak/Gitche Manitou/Ra/Zeus/Satan/Cthulu/Flying Spaghetti Monster (did I miss anybody?) intervenes in these sorts of things.

Maybe FSM. Guy has his holy noodles all into everythang.

"For we war not against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities in high places."

Interpret that however you want.

On a side note:

Not going to take the time to look up a "pawn on a stage" play list, but who the heck are these guys??

:D

Your book knowledge never ceases to amaze me!

;D
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I too believe that sport is a little below his minimum requirements for intervention.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

On a related note, do we think Manti Te'o's girlfriend influenced the on-field performance of Te'o and the fighting Irish?

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: