Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Did Keith Bryant Cancel his FAU visit?

Add topic

Re: Did Keith Bryant Cancel his FAU visit?

as a 3b you might get Morris in there.
Even though he was not here under Pelini, still Big Time Pro from our school… fresh in the news!
Back to the top

NCowl said

Even though he was not here under Pelini, still Big Time Pro from our school… fresh in the news!

"We have put 3 guys in the NFL on offense (Jean, Morris, Housler) & one defender in the CFL (Lockley). You could be our first defender in the NFL!" Could see them pitching that one too.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

"We have put 3 guys in the NFL on offense (Jean, Morris, Housler) & one defender in the CFL (Lockley). You could be our first defender in the NFL!" Could see them pitching that one too.

No love for Rusty Smith?  8)

Still on the Titans, and quite possibly the #2 next year if they dump Hasselback.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

NJOWL said

Still on the Titans, and quite possibly the #2 next year if they dump Hasselback.

That won't exactly sell recruits….

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Did Keith Bryant Cancel his FAU visit?

NJOWL said

NCowl said

Wow NJowl, that's a great one, you should get on the recruiting trail
Back to the top

NJOWL said

owlfamily said

NJOWL said

That won't exactly sell recruits….

Why not?!?  He's been on an NFL roster for going on 3 years now.  Do you know how many players would kill for that type of career?
Back to the top

Actually he wouldn't be the first Owl defender to play in the NFL. Chris Laskowski signed with the Colts as an undrafted Free Agent in 2005.

Laz was a LB at FAU and then was turned into a safety with the Colts. He never got the chance to play in a regular season game, he was placed on the practice squad and then subsequently cut from the team in 2006

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Why not?!?  He's been on an NFL roster for going on 3 years now.  Do you know how many players would kill for that type of career?

Forget about players, you know how many PEOPLE would kill for that? Think of it this way. He gets $603,556 to stand on the sidelines. He doesn't need to worry about concussions or it's long term affects, doesn't have to worry about having bad knees when he gets older or any other injuries that may be a result of playing in the NFL. And, lets say he's 3rd string again next year, even if the starter gets hurt… He's STILL not in the game.

Rusty Smith Salary

I don't know about the rest of you, but if I had an opportunity to make $600k a year to basically hold a clipboard and stand on the sidelines I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.

3rd String QB on an NFL Team = Best job in the world!

Back to the top

He seems to be quite the character. I don't think he's actually considering FAU, maybe the hat will be on the table but I think it's more of a joke. He says he's going to do "something no one's ever done before>" When announcing. I think he picks up the FAU hat and then pulls out a different hat than the 4 on the table and commits to like..Georgia. Still, it's impressive that we were even able to get him to visit. That shows you the type of recruiting our coaches are capable of doing.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

He seems to be quite the character. I don't think he's actually considering FAU, maybe the hat will be on the table but I think it's more of a joke. He says he's going to do "something no one's ever done before" When announcing. I think he picks up the FAU hat and then pulls out a different hat than the 4 on the table and commits to like..Georgia. Still, it's impressive that we were even able to get him to visit. That shows you the type of recruiting our coaches are capable of doing.

Well, no one has put on an FAU hat on national TV when choosing a college. No recruit has been rated highly enough for that to happen. So that could be what he's talking about

Back to the top
Control functions: