Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jim Tressel Speaks to FAU Football

Dieter's blog.
Back to the top

Re: Jim Tressel Speaks to FAU Football

"He then spoke to the Owls for roughly 20 minutes, sharing some of his secrets to success."

Haha. Here's a secret, make sure when your players sell their bowl memorabilia for Tattoo's that you pay off the tattoo shop so they don't talk  ;)

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jim Tressel Speaks to FAU Football

Im not sure this is a guy we want speaking to us ???
Back to the top

He knows football and he knows winning…I'm all for it
Back to the top

fins09065 said

owlmart said

I'm kinda in the middle of this issue. Undoubtedly as a football coach he is one of the best, but as a guy you want to help young kids mature into men, he is not that guy to talk about ethics about.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

fins09065 said

owlmart said

I'm kinda in the middle of this issue. Undoubtedly as a football coach he is one of the best, but as a guy you want to help young kids mature into men, he is not that guy to talk about ethics about.

I doubt that is what they talked about.
Back to the top

owlmart said

USMCOWL said

fins09065 said

owlmart said

I doubt that is what they talked about.
I'm pretty sure they talked about football, but if they talked about ethics off the field, I was mentioning he wasn't the guy you probably dont want speaking to your kids. I thought I saw Coach P walking into starbucks this morning, but the guy was a little bigger than Coach P is.
Back to the top

Kidding aside I have no issue with this. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but he was guilty of lying to the NCAA right? That was it? He lied by not ratting his players out about selling their bowl game stuff when they weren't allowed to, but as far as we know he's never done anything immoral as far as recruiting goes. He's still a good coach and he still knows what it takes to win.

Has he lied to recruits, has he likely done something shady to get the top recruits to OSU? Of course he has. Every coach does it. But, only a few get caught. So technically speaking all he did was lie to the NCAA to protect his players.

Besides all that, this wasn't a planned visit. He did CP a favor and talked to the players. He could have said no I'd really prefer not to talk to them and prefer to just be left alone

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

okay lets set the record straight on why this is a great idea:

1) Jim Tressel has been part of several winning programs and athletes. He understands what players need to do to be successful and how to successfully build programs.

2) Pelini and he share similar philosophies for coaching style. This is a great way for players to head the messages coach Pelini gives them, just coming from a different voice that has lots of credibility as a leader of young men. Maybe certain players might get tired of the same voice. this is a way to bring in more voices speaking the same message.

3) This will most likely motivate players after hearing whatever he had to say about hard work and commitment (my guess)
Back to the top

Putting all of Tressel's baggage to the side, I think this was great for the team.  At the end of the day it was Jim Tressel, successful coach of one of the most storied football programs in the country talking to our team.  I'm no OSU fan, and I'm sure there was some shady activity going on, but I can still respect his talent and more importantly his record.  Good Move Coach P.!

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: