Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ivan McCartney transferring to FAU

Add topic

Any truth to the rumors that West Virginia's Ivan McCartney is transferring to FAU?
Back to the top

Re: Ivan McCartney transferring to FAU

According to McCartney and Dieter's Twitter's.. yes.

West Virginia WR Ivan McCartney to transfer to FAU
Back to the top

Ivan McCartney transferring to FAU

Andrew said

My question is will he have to sit a year or will they allow him to play right away because he is a junior according to ESPN?
Back to the top

8)

USMCOWL said

Andrew said

My question is will he have to sit a year or will they allow him to play right away because he is a junior according to ESPN?

Yes he will, we will have him on the field for his senior season.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

He was rated 109th on the ESPN 150 and a 4 star coming out of highschool. Here is ESPN's scouting notes on him from 2010

McCartney is a very smooth, fluid player for a wide receiver of his size. He is traditionally used in the slot in this offense and has a great feel for zone defense and working the middle of the field. He has the upside to develop into a physical presence that can run with added bulk and time in the weight room. He has very good initial quickness. Shows some moves off the line and has good strength to beat the press. He gets to top speed quickly and does a terrific job of adjusting to the ball in the air. He has good hands and coordination skills. Catches the ball effortlessly and plucks on the move with ease. He is a very good deep threat and an aggressive player when going for the ball on deep routes. He makes good downfield adjustments and can make acrobatic catches down the field. He is effective at extending his hands out and catching the ball away from his frame. Will catch the ball over his shoulder and shows a second gear when tracking the ball down the field. Is tall enough to compete for jump balls, shows no fear over the middle and is fast enough to be a vertical threat at the next level. He has been well coached on the little things and takes pride in his route structure and ability to get open. McCartney is more of a fluid and gliding type of player than he is sudden and shifty in his change-of-direction. Builds speed, but is elusive after the catch. Overall, McCartney has the tools to blossom into a fine college wideout. Really good player.
Back to the top

Million dollar talent with a ten cent head.  Kid is a head case.
Back to the top

SigEp77 said

Million dollar talent with a ten cent head.  Kid is a head case.

Bull Durham eh? ;)

Well, with a quote like this, ("I've never been so focused. Got knocked down so I can realize what I got. God is awesome. I have a story to tell n my focus still needs more focus.") I hope he gets it together for his senior year!
Back to the top

Hopefully it works out for him and us
Back to the top

Did he ever redshirt?

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I bet chuck is crying his eyes out for not posting this first! And once again Rivals rankings mean nothing. 4 star wide receiver...
Back to the top
Control functions: