Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Podcast

Add topic

I had this crazy thought. How come nobody from FAU or from the board here ever done a podcast on FAU/ FAU sports. I would be interested in be like a co-host or engineer for it.
Back to the top

Re: Podcast

USMCOWL said

I had this crazy thought. How come nobody from FAU or from the board here ever done a podcast on FAU/ FAU sports. I would be interested in being like a co-host or engineer for it.

A dedicated weekly podcast? That's a good question.

I mean, okay… OwlTV has their Sports Show, Owl Radio has some sort of sports talk show (heard it in the Breezeway), LaVicka has the Coaches Show and there used to be the thing with Brian Rowitz.

So it's been attempted (or things close to it have been attempted) but you might argue there's been limited success. An Owl's Nest podcast might be interesting at some point, I agree with you on that.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

USMCOWL said

I had this crazy thought. How come nobody from FAU or from the board here ever done a podcast on FAU/ FAU sports. I would be interested in being like a co-host or engineer for it.

A dedicated weekly podcast? That's a good question.

I mean, okay… OwlTV has their Sports Show, Owl Radio has some sort of sports talk show (heard it in the Breezeway), LaVicka has the Coaches Show and OwlAccess used to have the thing with Brian Rowitz.

So it's been attempted (or things close to it have been attempted) but you might argue there's been limited success. An Owl's Nest podcast might be interesting at some point, I agree with you on that.
Thats a good point about the coach's show, but the reason I brought up a podcast is because ESPN760 signals craps out after the sun goes down, plus many students dont listen to it or dont care enough to find the link on ESPN760 home page.
Back to the top

I'll start one! I had a similar questions about a Youtube sports show. Owl TV has their show but they haven't posted anything in 2 months. I've actually considered starting one but I wouldn't want to do it myself,lol.
Back to the top

Podcast

FAUfasho said

I'll start one! I had a similar questions about a Youtube sports show. Owl TV has their show but they haven't posted anything in 2 months. I've actually considered starting one but I wouldn't want to do it myself,lol.
I be willing to do it too, but it feels like a third person would be good for it to.
Back to the top

I would be so down to be that third person. lol
Back to the top

I think it's a good idea. I think a lot schools have some type of fan/student run thing. It would be a great way to get FAU news/sports out to people a different way.
Back to the top

So let's do it
Back to the top

Can I be the field reporter???? Or the Woody Paige of the show, with a chalkboard and everything?
Back to the top

I would like it to be independent of the university, but we could do it either way. I'm down for it. and it doesnt have to be everyday. I think end of the week, sat/sunday type deal. but that can be negotiated.
Back to the top
Control functions: