Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I know its early, but I just want to see what everyone else thinks...

What is your gut feeling about where our program is, heading into next year?

I only see a couple of losses on the schedule....big turnaround ahead...
We are going to shock alot of teams on the schedule and make a bowl game...
If some young guys step up, we could go over .500...
Not a whole lot better, but young with potential and fun to watch...
We're living in fantasyland...the teams on our schedule are going to crush us...

You must select between 1 and 64 options

I'm feeling good about the things that are happening. Just curious to see if I'm in the majority…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: I know its early, but I just want to see what everyone else thinks...

Wow, it looks like we may have found the one thing on the board that we can all agree on………so far.  I'm not sure how accurate my prediction is, but it's more of a goal.  I'd like to see us get 6 wins (or more) and atleast become bowl eligible.  Anything else would be an awesome bonus.  I would really like to see the coaching staff get some new blood out there and see what these new players can do. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Last year was by all means a transition year. I still think this team is too young to know how to win and the transition continues. We said it last year, we are 2-3 years away from being a legitimate contender. I think we get 6 wins if we upset USF and Auburn (which can deff happen) but I think 4-5 wins is more realistic. The improvement continues but no cigar quite yet.
Back to the top

Based on all the offensive talent returning, I'd say the offense will go as far as the QB takes it. that's obviously the big X factor this year. Lots of returning starters on both sides of the ball.  This will be a key year for the owls. I think typically teams make the biggest transitions from year 2-3 under a new coach, but with these guys returning it could possibly happen this year. I expect 6-7 wins realistically. I'd say several of those could be extremely close and could go either way, meaning a 4-5 win season is just as likely.
Back to the top

DumpTruck said

Based on all the offensive talent returning, I'd say the offense will go as far as the QB takes it. that's obviously the big X factor this year. Lots of returning starters on both sides of the ball.  This will be a key year for the owls. I think typically teams make the biggest transitions from year 2-3 under a new coach, but with these guys returning it could possibly happen this year. I expect 6-7 wins realistically. I'd say several of those could be extremely close and could go either way, meaning a 4-5 win season is just as likely.

In my opinion, any of the three incoming qbs could easily take over the reigns. Hankerson, Juste, & Quez could each run this offense easily and run it well.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

DumpTruck said

I'd say the offense will go as far as the QB takes it. that's obviously the big X factor this year.

Absolutely…hopefully someone can come in and work the O like Wilbert started to do…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

DumpTruck said

I'd say the offense will go as far as the QB takes it. that's obviously the big X factor this year.

Absolutely…hopefully someone can come in and work the O like Wilbert started to do…

But the problem is we have nobody remotely close to Wilbert right now. Seems like all of our guys are run first QBs. Idk how that's gonna work out because it's not like our O-Line is going to be a lot better than last year. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if our O takes a step back this year but I do expect the D to step it up. Especially with the bulk we added on the D-Line with Butcher and Burlingame. I never though I'd say this but… Why did you have to go Graham??????
Back to the top

I know its early, but I just want to see what everyone else thinks...

Owl_Ranger said

Silver_Bullet32 said

DumpTruck said

But the problem is we have nobody remotely close to Wilbert right now. Seems like all of our guys are run first QBs. Idk how that's gonna work out because it's not like our O-Line is going to be a lot better than last year. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if our O takes a step back this year but I do expect the D to step it up. Especially with the bulk we added on the D-Line with Butcher and Burlingame. I never though I'd say this but… Why did you have to go Graham??????

I don't think Quez or German are run first qb's, they both keep their eyes downfield looking for a receiver and run if they have too for the most part, other than designed or read option running plays. And as long as we get the 1st downs and scores, I don't care how they do it!
Back to the top

Very good article by Dieter here in today's sun-sentinel. I think depending on who gets the nod, we have a good chance at least of being close or above .500 this year,.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/sfl-carl-pelini-fau-signs-bestever-class-on-national-signing-day-2013-20130206,0,3578225.story?page=2
Back to the top

Our offensive coordinator wants to run the running spread, he wants a QB that runs the ball a lot.  Its very similar to Rich Rods offense.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: