Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

QB battle for spring and summer camp.

According to Dieter in the attached article says Coach Pelini is eyeing a five man QB battle coming into the camps. He mentioned in the article that the situation with German has been cleared up and he will be eligible to play in 2013.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/fl-fau-owls-news-0212-20130211,0,7275536.story
Back to the top

Re: QB battle for spring and summer camp.

USMCOWL said

According to Dieter in the attached article says Coach Pelini is eyeing a five man QB battle coming into the camps. He mentioned in the article that the situation with German has been cleared up and he will be eligible to play in 2013.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/fl-fau-owls-news-0212-20130211,0,7275536.story

Glad to hear that about German - for him and the team!
Back to the top

QB battle for spring and summer camp.

Glad to hear it…may the best man win!  If you want to be annoited, go to England!
Back to the top

I  think Quez Johnson will win competition, with either Curtis or German battling out for number 2. I suspect Hankerson and Juste will red-shirt for the season to have them save their eligiblity.
Back to the top

MGIII for Supreme Court Justice!!!
Back to the top

Get the QJ1 Tee shirts ready
Back to the top

I have no issue with a QB battle in the spring, and for the 1st week or 2 of training camp. Competition will bring out the best person. Ideally one of eitehr Curtis, German, Johnson takes the lead in the spring.

However I REALLY think a starter needs to be named at the start of the 3rd week so that the 1's can all work together. I HATE not knowing who the signal caller is heading into the 1st game.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

This year could be different. in many ways, last year was a get to know you phase. During practices I would be willing everyone got lots of reps to see what they could do. now the coaches know what Stephen can do and what Melvin can do. wouldn't be surprised to see QJ1 get more reps this spring so coaches know what they have, but what I'm saying is unlike last year they probably have a MUCH improved idea of the depth chart at ALL positions
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I am so happy to read this article.  For all the people who put this kid out to pasture before it was said and done, do not under estimate what goes on behind the scenes, that we do not know about.  Moving forward, I am ready to see the "2013" Owls and knowing we will have a great season! Salute the hoot
Back to the top

….and here we go again with the MGIII will save the day.
You don't know how good he is until he plays. The same thing applies to the other 4 QBs.
The good news is that he is cleared and hopefully things will turn out fine for him academically.
Back to the top
Control functions: