Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New Parking Garage

Add topic

I got this e-mail today about the parking garage 3. Will it be done by the Fall?

FYI…….

Garage III Construction will begin the first week of March on the current site of Lot 11, just west of the FAU Stadium. The Lot and all surrounding areas will be fenced off during Spring Break and closed to FAU Students, Faculty and Staff for parking. Please plan accordingly and utilize parking lot 5 for parking. This lot has OwlExpress shuttle service FAU - OWL Express Shuttle provided between the lot and the Business Complex, Education, Breezeway and Science Buildings.

FAU Parking Lot Map - Google Maps

Back to the top

Re: New Parking Garage

Good to hear, thanks for sharing.

They're projecting about 8 months of construction so it should open during the Spring 2014 semester.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

They're projecting about 8 months of construction so it should open during the Spring 2014 semester.

October…if 8 months is accurate.
Back to the top

Tim said

Owl2Doc said

So "maybe" it is ready for the Marshall game at FAU stadium? Should have started two months ago IMHO! Then it is ready for the start of the fall semester AND the entire football season.
Still, glad it is finally happening though, can't wait to see IV II built as well!
Back to the top

I'm glad that garage is being built, and should open a few more spots, but its a small start. Yet I'm pretty sure we'll all agree on, FAU is approaching the limits of what it can build on campus. I mean besides a new arena and a possible indoor practice facility, but FAU needs to expand outward or buy some property within the city limits.
Back to the top

New Parking Garage

GeorgiaOwl said

Tim said

Owl2Doc said

So "maybe" it is ready for the Marshall game at FAU stadium? Should have started two months ago IMHO! Then it is ready for the start of the fall semester AND the entire football season.
Still, glad it is finally happening though, can't wait to see IV II built as well!

Parking garages can go up fast….I don't think it will take 8 months, that probably includes weather delays. 
Back to the top

Tim said

Owl2Doc said

Sorry, you're right. I don't know what I was thinking.

And you're also right that it may not take the full 8 months. Still, I don't imagine they'll rush it after what happened in Miami recently.

USMCOWL said

I'm glad that garage is being built, and should open a few more spots, but its a small start. Yet I'm pretty sure we'll all agree on, FAU is approaching the limits of what it can build on campus. I mean besides a new arena and a possible indoor practice facility, but FAU needs to expand outward or buy some property within the city limits.

It still has a decent amount of room left including space for a couple more parking garages that are planned for south of Culture&Society and west of the Burrow.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Well, maybe FAU will boot PBCC (PBU) to free up some space. I know PBU may serve a purpose, but we need the space.
Back to the top

We need more space?
What about the 2 empty lots south on glades.
There is also an empty lot located south east of the school next to the old dorms.
There is one more lot east of the nursing school.
Back to the top

Have you ever looked at FAU from above? Not from Google earth but from one of those old pics we have taken from a plane? You can see just how CRAMPED FAU is. The parking garages stick out like sore thumbs! There really isn't that much space anywhere. I've been joking for a while now that we just need to take over PBSC and move them to Boca high,lol. We need more real estate, campus is already so jam packed.
Back to the top
Control functions: