Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Alabama hires Mario Cristobal as OL Coach

Add topic

It didn't take long for Nick Saban to find a replacement for former offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland.

With Stoutland leaving the Crimson Tide to take a job with the Philadelphia Eagles, Alabama has hired Mario Cristobal as his replacement, a source inside the program told Alex Scarborough of ESPN's TideNation. CBS Sports originally reported Cristobal's hire. Cristobal is leaving Miami after he was hired in January to be the Hurricanes' tight ends coach and associate head coach. Cristobal was also the head coach at FIU from 2007-12.

Story

Could it be  a sign that Mario knows ish is about to hit the fan at the U and he wants to get out before it does? Or maybe it's about the chance to win a national title even if he's not the HC?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Alabama hires Mario Cristobal as OL Coach

Jab979 said

Could it be  a sign that Mario knows ish is about to hit the fan at the U and he wants to get out before it does? Or maybe it's about the chance to win a national title even if he's not the HC?

No, it's just:

ALABAMA.

;)
Back to the top

Rick said

Jab979 said

No, it's just:

ALABAMA.

;)

Talk about "failing up." Getting fired from FIU may have been the best thing for his career.
Back to the top

I still don't get why people think he's that great. He only had 1 winning season at FIU and they wouldn't even had that if it weren't for Hilton..anyway, he's probably making more as O-line coach that he was as HC at FIU,lol
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

I still don't get why people think he's that great.

He's not, but:

Anytime you can get a former head coach as a positional coach = score.

Back to the top

Alabama hires Mario Cristobal as OL Coach

Rick said

FAUfasho said

I still don't get why people think he's that great.

He's not, but:

Anytime you can get a former head coach as a positional coach = score.

He is a good recruiter, not a good game day coach.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I respect Mario a lot, I think he did great things down there at FIU. He's a great recruiter and a really good guy.
That being said LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @ FIU
;D
Back to the top

Miami recruiting.  Helps them cherry pick talent.
Back to the top

Nick Saban is a very smart man. Mario will not only help them as a coach but as a recruiter. Good move . Congrats Mario.
Back to the top

Another reason for the people of Miami to hate the man (Saban)! ;)
Back to the top
Control functions: